“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Pinito Trattoria - CLOSED

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Waitstaff
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

My family comes here all the time. I was confused when I read all of the negative reviews. Everything has a good flavor.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank bbl753

Rockville, Maryland
“where is the health department? Horrible, smelly, gross, food got us all sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

This place is terrible. Where is the health department? When you walk in the, odor of the sitting room should be enough of a clue to walk out. The ice tea tasted like chemical; and it was very bad tasting. We ordered the eggplant paremignia- and they said they were out of it- due to "high cost of eggplant" and "none at the market." Then, I ordered vegetable lasanga- they said they were out of that, and the waiter offered, that I "should read the menu" for an alternative. If they're not going to serve half of what is on thier menu, they, perhaps, shoudl post a sign or a little insert into everyone's menu. The menus were dirty- not washed down with disinfectant- a common practice I once did when I was in the restaurant business- and the boss deemed we wipe down the menus. The pages were stuck together. There was a draft- the fans blowing hard. The wait staff was very ingregious and rude and curt. Maybe we picked to try this one out on one of thier bad nights. BUT!, they didn't have half the stuff on thier menus, the drink and appetizer had us all sick during hte next day, and the odor in that front room is enough to make anyone get ill reflecting on the experience at this place. NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY OR EFFORTS.

Staff, overall, uncaring, unplanned operation, and food that can make a strong stomach ill. DO NOT COME HERE. Barf. Main staples were not being served, so thus, thier menu is erroneous. I think this place makes for a very bad, unpleasant experience. Manager siad he'd "do something for us." and didn't do a thing. Bill was the same. Alas, this is not a place I'd ever recommend. prices seemed reasonable but smell was too much, courtesy lacking, and menu presentation and capability to serve thier advertised dishes, ultimately lacking. B.A.D.

• Visited February 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Bad experience at this Italian restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Just had a wonderful Italian dinner two days ago at another restaurant in Silver Spring. Checked out this one with the family to celebrate the long weekend. What a mistake it is. The food is tasteless, maybe they forgot to add salt. Not close to what we have expected from an Italian restaurant. Mussels in one of the dishes we ordered were very smelly, due to rotten maybe. We refused to pay for this one. The service was subpar, as the order was mixed up and slow. There are far better options elsewhere. The food was not worth the price.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Artichoke appetizer was...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Artichoke appetizer was very good but my husband wanted a dipping sauce.

Chicken parm was thin and cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside and not greasy. The tomato sauce had no flavor though and there was no parm cheese to sprinkle on top.

My husband had the mushroom and pepper pasta with a white wine sauce and also wanted some fresh cheese to top his dish.

The bread desperately needed some olive oil for dipping. It was not good enough to eat on its own.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Derwood, Maryland
“Good Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2008

My work group has lunch here all the time and the food is excellent. I am a vegetarian so I usually get the eggplant parmesian or pasta with olive oil and garlic or tomato sauce. The food always comes piping hot and plenty fast for lunch. The bread is ordinary, but not bad. The house salad that comes with your meal is your usual tossed salad, but fresh with a good oil and vinegar dressing. One of my favorite Italian cooks was Chef Amadou, a native of the Ivory Coast who formerly cooked at Biscotti in Derwood. He could cook any Italian under the table. It's skill, it's the person, not nationality that makes the cook. The prices are excellent too.

1 Thank YuTurner