“Good variety, good service”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Ranked #38 of 421 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited El Mariachi on a weekday for lunch with friends. I had been there before many years ago with a large group, but this time there were only three of us. It was not busy, possibly due to the fact that the number of lunch places in the area has grown exponentially. Maybe because of the relatively quiet afternoon, our server was most helpful as one of my companions was wheelchair bound, requiring some accommodation, and the other had various dietary requests. I would have been happy to have just sat there enjoying bottomless fresh baked nachos, salsa and sangria, but ordered the lomo saltado, and my companions the masitas de puerco and the pescado veracruzana {rainbow trout]. We were all most pleased with our choices, but as the menu seemed quite extensive, there were many other items I would have loved to have tried as well. Perhaps another time! White tablecloths and napkins, and nice presentation, gave it a more formal touch.

2  Thank pmr2

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a local favorite for Hispanic style food. The owners are very friendly and helpful with large parties or special occasions. The food is very reliable and they have a good variety. Good sangria and margaritas as well.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We've been going here 3-4x a year for at least 15 years. The menu hasn't changed much if at all, but why should it - we like the tasty well-appointed food, good house wines, and friendly service. Portions tend to be large - but there's always tomorrow!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

A wonderful place! Shrimp and steak fajitas, seafood with a Peruvian sauce/seasoning perfectly cooked, fabulous fresh beans/rice, and the best guacamola on the planet. Superb service with a smile. Tres Leches cake to die for, best chocolate mousse in town.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My Wife and I have been dining here for about 12 Years now while we where dating and now with our 3 children. Has always been warm and inviting; the owner Poncho always a gentlemen and my kids are crazy about him. Most importantly the food is fresh and good tasting. We haven't had a bad meal there once & has always been consistent in which we feel is the testament to the commitment and hard work of ownership to keep in high standards the quality of their cuisine day after day. 9 out of every ten dinners we have in Rockville center are in El Mariachi. We love Mexican and really enjoy this place.

1  Thank Joe L