“Love this restaurant”
Review of Bombay Bistro

Bombay Bistro
Ranked #27 of 421 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Description: Established in 1992, Bombay Bistro is a family-owned casual dining Indian restaurant located in Rockville, MD. Over our 23 years in Rockville, we have prided ourselves on providing high-quality Indian meals at affordable prices for our community. With an open kitchen, cultural decor, and a cozy atmosphere, Bombay Bistro is the perfect place to enjoy your next meal with family and friends.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant from time to time for over 20 years now. When I was working, I enjoyed the luncheon buffets, and on this occasion I went with a group that was, for the most part, completely unfamiliar with Indian food. We had the non-vegetarian thalyi, chicken tikka makhani, shrimp biriyani, chicken tikka, naan, papadams, a condiment tray: all top notch, and for dessert, their signature kulfi, which is absolutely the best around. Since one of our number was a child, our server asked if we wanted a child's portion for her, which was appreciated because she wasn't interested ordering from the children's menu. The food here is always a good value, and the service never fails to please.

1  Thank pmr2

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have been eating at the Bistro regularly for the past 15+ years, and it has never let us down! A great little neighborhood restaurant with an outstanding variety of Indian cuisine. Extremely friendly staff that has been there for a long time and make your dining experience enjoyable. The ingredients are consistently fresh, the dishes authentic. My favorite dish by far is mussels a la bistro. The freshly made bread is piping hot and delicious. The restaurant offers a daily lunch buffet at a great value for very nice food. Come early, it is very popular.

1  Thank Schultheiss1967
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinners. The Biriyani and Ragan Josh were very good. The Kulcha was very good but the Naan was better. The Papri Chat was the biggest surprise. We are not indian good experts and the Papri Chat was nothing like what we expected but once we tasted it, we Loved it!!

The service was also very quick and friendly.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I visit here on a regular basis because the food is top notch, the buffet is refilled in a timely manner, and the price is fair. I love everything they make with chickpeas, green beans, green peas with cheese, raita, and cauliflower. I don't consume a lot of meat but their tandoor chicken is good as are their other meat dishes. They serve lamb, goat and/or whole fish in their weekend buffets which are priced slightly higher. All the breads are to die for! A sure sign of a good Indian restaurant in my opinion are the number of Indians/Pakastanis who make up at least 50% of their customers whenever I visit.. Check out there display of bottled spices!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

food was very good. But one indian elder waiter was only concentrating to make money and asking for more tips. We went there twice so the next time, he doesn't want to take our order until we will give him a good tip in advance. I complaint this to manager so hope they can work on it.

1  Thank Shabaz K