“A gem once, no longer...”
Review of Bombay Bistro

Bombay Bistro
Ranked #26 of 407 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Description: Established in 1992, Bombay Bistro is a family-owned casual dining Indian restaurant located in Rockville, MD. Over our 23 years in Rockville, we have prided ourselves on providing high-quality Indian meals at affordable prices for our community. With an open kitchen, cultural decor, and a cozy atmosphere, Bombay Bistro is the perfect place to enjoy your next meal with family and friends.
North Bethesda, Maryland
“A gem once, no longer...”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We used to frequent this establishment a lot in the past. The night time food is a lot better now with fast service. The lunch buffets used to be good but now the variety is poor. The breads seem like they've been placed out to dry for a long time and so is the chicken tandoori.

Potomac, Maryland
“Very Good to Excellent Indian Food - Go there - I Recommend Highly”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The Bombay Bistro is one of the best (if not the best) Indian Restaurant in the Rockville-Potomac area. Food tasts great - Service is efficient and helpful. I both dine in and take out. You can't go wrong by going to the Bombay Bistro.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,310 helpful votes
“Spicy and spicy.”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

A mylanta may not be enough to calm your stomach so be prepared for a hot Indian rally inside your tummy. After asking the waiter for suggestions for a none spicy food, I was offered a rather unheard of dish. And viola, hot spice and hot spice and hot spice. After a bite, I did not touch the rest of my food. Luckily, I had great company so I wasn't there just for the food.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank ebbtide123
Adelaide, Australia
“Seating area makes me feel like a Masala Dosa”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Good but not mind blowing. Another cafe slash bistro location with above average food however it is family friendly. Very cramped but you are almost guaranteed they can squeeze you in. I had the non veg thali. Tasty enough but the chicken was not true to the Madras recipes I have made and enjoyed in my youth. Overall I would eat here again. For 22 bucks which included a glass of wine before a tip - you really do get great value. MANGIA

• Visited August 2011
Baltimore, MD
“Great food, average atmosphere”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

If you don't mind an atmosphere a bit like a sandwich shop (pleasant but not very Indian), the four dishes that four of us tried here recently were all standouts, and I've eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants. The Goan fish curry with a coconut milk sauce (using tilapia) was unusual and delicious--we ate all of the extra sauce on some of the excellent garlic naan and roti we got. Chicken palak (with spinach sauce) was also very well spiced and delicious, as were the bengan bharta (eggplant) and peshwari chole (chickpeas, usually called chana masala). Portions were large enough that we took home some of the last two. We did not sample desserts. The beer list has the usual Kingfisher and Taj Mahal with a few other choices, including a decent non-alcoholic one, St. Pauli Girl.

1 Thank Birdman0429