“Pretty decent”

Urban Bar-B-Que
Ranked #111 of 422 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've been here a few times. I live in the area, so naturally I'm bound to pop in every once in awhile. It's not a bad place, and it's one of the few places in the area for barbeque. They've got a pretty good selection and their sides aren't half bad. I'm not super thrilled by their coleslaw, but it's not bad if you're mixing it up with some sauce on a brisket sandwich or something. The brisket is probably my favorite, but I've had their pulled chicken too, which is pretty great. The cornbread is everything I could ask for too, when it comes to cornbread. It's worth a quick lunch if you're in the area.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great Texas style BBQ Chicken. I'm not a fan of "smoked" food (the smell usually makes me sick) but this place was an exception! My daughter and I shared the 2 meat combo. She got BBQ chicken on the bone and I got pulled BBQ chicken. We had Mac and Cheese along with French Fries. My son in law had one of their salads. The only complaint I have is that our fries seemed to be the bottom of the barrel. They were a little overcooked. They also were little pieces instead of regular fries.
This is a great informal place to grab a good lunch. They even have "Texas Sweet Tea" which was excellent!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I stopped here and were very pleasantly surprised. It was one of those places we stumbled across while not really looking.
When you open the door you are greated with the wonderful aroma of smokin piggy goodness (I always rate a BBQ place by how long I smell of smoke afterwards). We had pork sandwiches with fries. The pork had a nice crust and smoke ring on it. My only negative was was that they sprinkled seasoning salt on the pork right before serving and I don't think it needed it all all. They had a nice variety of sauces-something for everyone. They even had peanuts for all-yum! Fries were good and went well I thought with the mustard style sauce.
Our table was a bit dirty but not horrible (nothing a wet nap didn't make quick work of). Service was good and they seemed very nice. The place was busier than I thought it would be for late Sunday morning so that was a good sign to me.
We are not from the area but we will definitely make a point to stop in here again on our way though.
Yum! Yum! (Oink! Oink!)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Whod'a thunk one could find authentic Texas-style BBQ Brisket in suburban DC? This is the real stuff...perfectly cooked meats, delicious sides, cold beer, friendly staff. Can't miss here. They have several locations, but my favorite is their "flagship" location near the Twinbrook metro stop. It's an easy walk from the station.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my favorite BBQ place outside of Texas! I always get a slab of ribs along with the macaroni cheese, corn bread and collard greens. The collard greens are the best I've had anywhere! The last time we ate here the ribs were slightly burned on top but they were still good. This place is real home cooking and comfort food for me! Love the complimentary circus peanuts you can get where the condiments are located. The only negative is this is a small place and seating is very limited.