“Favorite BBQ Place!”

Urban Bar-B-Que
Ranked #121 of 423 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my favorite BBQ place outside of Texas! I always get a slab of ribs along with the macaroni cheese, corn bread and collard greens. The collard greens are the best I've had anywhere! The last time we ate here the ribs were slightly burned on top but they were still good. This place is real home cooking and comfort food for me! Love the complimentary circus peanuts you can get where the condiments are located. The only negative is this is a small place and seating is very limited.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Solid BBQ. Some interesting "specialty dishes" - soul rolls are perhaps not the healthiest of creations but they sure are tasty. The chili is very good. There aren't a ton of great BBQ options in the area, but this one is good option when you are craving some smoked meat!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is my go to barbecue restaurant. Everything on the menu is fantastic - maybe not so healthy but you know that going in. When I go, which is often, I always get an order of Soul Rolls and I recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I went here based on tripadvisor. I just moved to the area and was looking for a great BBQ house. This place good. It was clean, the girls at the front were honest and extremely friendly. I had a ribs and pulled chicken with some sides. The ribs were a little dry and the chicken was a little salty for my taste. The coleslaw was solid and the cornbread was the best I've had. I agree with others that it is moderately priced (about 20 bucks for what I had) but portions were large. I would definitely come back with the understanding that I won't be blown away but get a good meal in me.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Urban Bar-B-Cue (UBQ to the locals) has delicious food and huge portions.