“Paladar Happy Hour”

Ranked #32 of 416 Restaurants in Rockville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently spent went to this restaurant with some friends after a long workweek. The happy hour is not to be missed. The food and drink selections for $5.00 are quite tasty. The manager, not sure of her name, was very nice and accommodating to our group.

I will definitely return to this establishment and highly recommend that you give it a try.

There are newer reviews for Paladar Rockville

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went for the soft opening and had a limited but varied menu. I started with the mango cilantro rum drink which I really liked. My husband had the Feijoada stew. I do not like stew at all but this one I would order next time it was so full of flavor. I had the salmon which also was quite good. The service was great.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to lunch on a recomendation of a friend. The decor and outside seating are great. The was average... We started with the guacamole. A bit too acidic for my taste. They could have held on the lime juice. However, the short rib empanadas very tasty. I also had the rum pork that was also good. My friend had the Quesadillas. Again, decent. The sweet potato donuts were dense, however the dipping sauce was great. Could have had that with a straw!

I think the biggest disappointment was the drinks. This is suppose to be a rum bar and the drinks were supar at best. Not a lot of flavor and just not very well made.

In a pinch I would go back, but not certain I would make a recommendation.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had lunch here with 2 friends. We sat outside, server came right away and answered our questions and he had good suggestions. I had a bowl of gazpacho (best that I have had outside of Spain) and a 1/2 turkey and avacado sandwich. My friends had a wrap and a salad. We were all happy with our choices. Service was speedy. This new restaurant would also be a great meeting spot after work.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The food was absolutely fantastic! I started out with the Plantain Crusted Crab Croquetas which was delicious. The sweet & crunchy mango jicama slaw and a side of our key lime mustard sauce really set of the crab fritter. After the appetizer I had the Jamaican Curried Shrimp which was very well seasoned. The plantain and chorizo sausage balanced out the curry. Of course I left room for dessert and ordered the Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake, which was also good; however I would have liked to have tasted my rum. Overall everything was delicious.