New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Westfield, New Jersey
“Service That Went Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this property with my 16-year-old daughter who was participating in a soccer tournament not too far from the hotel. We had a very comfortable and pleasant stay for the time that we were there. Absolutely no complaints but also nothing remarkable. Then, we checked out of the hotel, and 3+ hours into our ride home, my daughter realized that she had forgotten her laptop computer in our hotel room! To say that panic set in would be an understatement. My daughter called the hotel from the road and explained her situation. A wonderful staff member at the hotel named Adam told her not to worry and that he would contact her in 5 minutes to let her know if they found the computer. Less than 5 minutes later, she received a call. Adam told her that they would pack up the laptop and ship it back to us and that she would have it in two days. Two days later, a FedEx package arrived at our door with her computer safely inside. Phew! I can't thank the Bethesda Marriott North enough for their taking care of this situation so seamlessly. They completely surprised and delighted us with the service that they provided. My daughter will be forever grateful that her computer was rescued and that she could hand her homework in on time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrea A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline and were happy with the value and amenities of this hotel. While not quite as nice as the nearby Marriott Suites we had previously visited the rooms were still quite clean, modern, and comfortable. Nothing in particular stood out about the stay but sometimes that is nice, especially when one is only around for a brief stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed there over the summer as we had tickets to a golf tournament nearby. The hotel was very nice and modern. Better than we expected although the overall neighborhood was not as nice. It wasn't dangerous or anything. Mostly strip malls and the like as opposed to a business district or suburban feel.
The hotel was very modern looking. There is a very good restaurant in the hotel were we had a surprisingly nice dinner with wine. Otherwise, a comfortable night's stay and what you can expect from a Marriott. The beds were a little soft for my taste but not uncomfortable and the prices are very reasonable. They were less expensive than other Marriott's the area but feel just as nice.

They are doing a lot of road construction right around that area so my 2011 navigation system got a little lost. Sadly, no free wi-fi, at least on weekdays.

I've read about some bedbug issues in some hotels around the DC area but our room was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gnasty71
Timonium, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed one night for a work function. This place is definitely tailored more to the business crowd. Plan to have to pay for wifi if you stay during the week but it's free on weekends. Unloading our stuff when we first arrived was a hassle as many people were checking in at the same time. We also weren't allowed to use the luggage racks ourselves and had to be escorted with them by a bellhop. However, the room was clean, well decorated, and quiet so it was a nice stay. Didn't eat at the restaurant there as dinner was provided at the work function. The food provided by the in house catering was fantastic. There was also a wedding going on at the same time and I thought that the hotel did a great job of orchestrating both events so that there wasn't a sense of overcrowding. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers and couples.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times. The staff is very nice and the rooms are good for staying overnight whether on business or pleasure. Parking out front to unload can be a little tight if there are numerous events goijng on but they were able to work with us.The banquet facilities are also nice. Great food and a nice space. There are also numerous conference rooms in the basement which are nice.

Room Tip: When booking a room, make sure to verify it is not a handicap room if you do not want one. We did n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bear Creek, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything we encountered here was excellent; customer service, willingness to help out, cold water as we entered (each time), the food was phenomenal - the breakfast buffet was WELL WORTH the price, quick to resolve any issue we had, clean, good part of town, very close to restaurants, metro, etc.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor overlooking the street - was very quiet and a GREAT view
Long Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had much trouble travelling to this hotel. I finally arrived at 11pm. The staff said they no longer had a room for me because they had engineering trouble. A bathroom flooded. They would do me a favor and shuttle me to a sister hotel. No thank you, I have a conference in this hotel and a reservation. They made many phone calls and finally found me a room in the hotel. It was not the concierge level that I reserved. I asked to reduce my room rate to a normal room rate and they said they could do that for me, like they were doing me a favor. I got to the room and it was a wheelchair accessible room. The receptionist called to ask me if the room was adequate. I said it is fine because I am tired, but you should have told me it was an accessble room.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
Bethesda Marriott
#5 of 11 in Bethesda
Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!