WINNER WONDERLAND
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
“A Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel three nights. We were there to attend a wedding at the hotel and choose to extend our stay to enjoy the area. There is really nothing bad to stay about this hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly and accommodating - everyone was constantly offering assistance and a friendly hello. Of special note is the bell hop Joseph who was just a sheer delight to speak with each day. The rooms are modern, well maintained and clean. The gym is above average. The restaurant on the premises is expensive but we enjoyed an excellent meal there one evening - fresh, tasty food and top notch service throughout. Easy access to major roads and one block to the metro. Here's some helpful hints - 1) If you like to run there is the Bethesda Path just two blocks from the hotel. Very pretty, peaceful walking/running area with a decent amount of shade. 2) Whole Foods is just two blocks away. 3) For an excellent breakfast consider the Silver Diner. It is about 1 mile east on Rockville Pike and well worth the effort to get there. Food is fresh, innovative and they source much of the food from local farms. Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to our fellow travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartinAB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for a three night stay. We went into DC and the Metro was a very short walk from the back door. There is also many good place to eat and shop within a short walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. There was no breakfast and the wi-fi was an added charge.

• Stayed June 2013
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Decent hotel with very helpful staff. Although the hotel is far from the heart of DC, it is only one block away from the DC Metro White Flint station. The station was very easy to get to, take the sidewalk from the hotel, take the tunnel passage under the road and arrive at the station. I stayed at this hotel for a conference, however if you are looking at this hotel for DC sightseeing I would recommend a hotel closer to the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Check-in went quickly, although i had a late check-in. The hotel is quite spacious and well-kept. my room was clean and quiet with a coffee maker. Shower pressure and temperature were great. Bed was comfortable and good choice of TV channels. Was able to get up and go for a jog around the neighborhood, although there's not much to see and quite hilly. Starbucks coffee in the lobby is always a plus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Good stay. Easy walk from White Flint Red Line Metro station. Quiet room on concierge floor, large desk with lots of outlets. Refrigerator. Concierge lounge was very nice. Snacks and cold drinks throughout day. 3 TVs, in a C shape, so not disturbed by other guests. Hot breakfast and fresh fruit. Evening spread included deluxe desserts. Very nice fitness center. Large outdoor patio. The only printing except for boarding passes was quite expensive and included having to pay for computer time. The Meritage restaurant had a large menu with many healthy choices.

Room Tip: The rooms on the concierge floor can be quite a walk from the lounge. If that matters to you, reque...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference which we hosted at the hotel. I was very pleased with the entire staff. Excellent conference facilities one of the best I have ever seen. Jason Butler the Senior Event Manager treated us like royalty. The entire conference team went above and beyond for our group. I highly recommend this hotel and have booked several more stays here. Also, the hotel is walking distance to metro train.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my friend and my mother for a family event. The rooms were nice, the linens were very soft, especially in comparison to most hotels, and all of the employees, from the receptionists to the bellhops to security were very helpful, very eager to help, and always smiling. Great fresh cookies in the afternoon and into the evening at the check-in desk. Also, there was some kind of citrus drink that was in the lobby--it wasn't to my taste, but my mother loved it.

In terms of noise, I did not hear anything from other rooms but noise from the hallway almost seemed amplified. I was about to say that perhaps the adjacent rooms were empty, but the hotel was completely sold out. Most everything in the rooms were in good shape and very clean--one of the bedskirts had about a 7" tear in it and there was some chipped paint, but overall very clean and nice.

The only issues I had here was price. I'll get to room cost in a moment. First of all, you have to pay for parking. I expect this in city hotels, not so much in suburban ones. The cost is $15 per night, though with Marriott Rewards it drops to $8 per night. The gate was never down. Anyone could pull in or out for free, so I sort of wished I hadn't said that I had a car.

Internet is not included in the price--$12.95/day. This seems ridiculous in this day, especially at a conference center. Even the computers in the business area were not free. I have never been to a hotel where they charged just for using (not printing from) the business center computer.

There was, however, a free printing station in the lobby to print boarding passes for flights. Also, refrigerators in the room were free.

I ordered 2 rooms through a group reservation number. I could only get one of the nights at the group rate of $119. I could get one of the other nights for $177.?? with a senior rate, and the 3rd night would have been $227.?? with the senior rate. I decided to look online and hotels.com had the rooms for $109. When I called reservations to check out what they would say, they immediately quoted $109. I had them change the reservations over and the representative said that one of my nights was at $99. Somehow the group rate had dropped $20. Because of Marriott's new reservation system (more on this below), there was no way to do one night at $99 and the others at $109, but he suggested I ask at check in whether they would honor the $99. I figured once I was checking in, there would be little hope, so I called the manager. I was only trying to get the $99 for that one night, but she very graciously offered it for all 3 nights for both rooms.

One of the rooms we ordered was for a roll-in tub for my mother. I asked repeatedly if it could be guaranteed, and I was told that it was on an availability basis. I asked the manager if I could call and check in earlier over the phone since we were coming in later. She said no. I called the morning of our arrival and asked the front desk if it looked like it would be available and she said there was no way to know, but that I should call right after check-out (noon) to see if one was available and then I COULD check in over the phone (the opposite of what the manager told me). I forgot to call then, since we were traveling and called at about 4:05 (check-in started at 4:00) The receptionist told me that they had a roll-in tub room had already been put aside for us and I did not need to guarantee it. When we finally got to the hotel, as we were checking in, the receptionist started explaining that we would be getting a roll-in tub room, and, not-to-worry, it's just like all the other rooms, except...I cut her off to tell her that we had requested it and she was relieved because apparently other people hadn't wanted that room and complained about it. So, even though there was lots of miscommunication/misinformation, everything worked out well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
Bethesda Marriott
#5 of 11 in Bethesda
Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!