New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Maryland
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

We booked this hotel through Marriott Rewards number. We were much surprised/impressed with the hotels service qualities from pulling in - to checking out, everyone we encountered was helpful and polite. Restaurants on premises are excellent with excellent service. The hotel is much nicer then most Marriotts. Excellent choice for anyone!
This location is First Class all the way.

Go Marriott!!!

• Liked — Staff Courteous/Polite
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I booked on priceline for about $100/night, and was a little worried when I read some of the reviews.. however, everything was great. The hotel looked new and beautiful, and everyone working there was soo nice and accommodating. I woke up with a huge migraine one morning and called downstairs, and the manager allowed the room service people to bring me up tylenol since I felt too sick to go down. It arrived within a few minutes of me calling, which I thought was fantastic. The room was very nice, and the shower was good too. The only drawback was that the hotel does not have wireless internet.. I was pretty surprised about this, because EVERY hotel I have stayed in for god knows how long has wireless internet. I had to pay for internet that was DSL i think (connected with a cord). I like to get on the computer in bed before I go to sleep, so that was kind of annoying. Other than that, I thought it was great.

Stayed October 2007
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

This hotel is very convenient to the Metro, which is the only way I travel while in DC. It was very clean, very comfortable, and provided for all the business needs I had while there (phone, internet, etc.) There aren't too many restaurants close by, but enough to get by. Since it's close to the metro, it's a short ride in to places like DuPont circle, that has lots of good eating.

I had absolutely no problems getting checked in, getting the type of room I wanted, etc. The beds were comfortable and I even had a decent view. NO problems whatsoever, either with the room or the hotel (noise levels included.)

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank justMJ
RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

I stayed in the Marriott Bethesda North from February 23 through February 26, 2007. I found an issue with flushing the toilet in the first room I was assigned to. The water would swirl and swirl and not go down. I called the front desk who promptly sent an engineer. The engineer informed me there were problems with the toilet flappers in some rooms (cheap and not weighted enough to work properly) and offered to show me how to remedy (sticking my hand in toilet tank to re-set flapper!). I informed him that I would not be doing that. He said he could replace the flapper but it would take time. It was nearly midnight so I asked to be moved to another room. I was promptly given another room. While unpacking I noticed several oddities such as a very low bar in closet, small sink attached to wall and bathroom door that opened out into the room. After a while I realized I had been given a handicapped room! I am not handicapped and wonder why I would be given this modified room! I don't believe this was the only room available. It was 12:30am by this point and I did not want to move again so I stayed. In addition, I did not plan to spend much time in the room.

The best part - when I used the toilet, I found it had the same problem as the other room! The water would swirl and swirl and the toilet would sometimes flush and sometimes not but I realized it would eventually flush. I spent an extraordinary amount of time flushing the toilet. Overall, not a good experience at all! I will certainly think twice before staying in this Marriott again, or recommending it anyone. I am a frequent traveler and recently decided to sign up for the Marriott Rewards Program and give Marriott Hotels a try. This was my first stay under the program and I am certainly not impressed!

• Liked — Proximity to the metro
  • Disliked — Overall experience
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference I was attending. I was so impressed with the level of service at this hotel that I was compelled to write a review. The staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly...attending to every detail with such a pleasant attitude. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the restaurant food was very good. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Service, Service, Service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank ltngold
Pullman, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

Stayed here to attend a workshop that was held in the adjoining conference center. Location is right on the METRO red line at White Flint, so very convenient to get around. The beds were quite hard, the rooms pretty standard. Well kept overall. They do a turn down service each evening, which I found inconvenient. Also, the AC in the room was always turned down to 63 degrees by the staff, and I would turn it up to 75 degrees, only to find it turned back down. It was incredibly hot outside, but I don't think it was necessary to freeze guests inside to compensate. Internet is available for $10 per day. Also, I used the Business Center to send a 1-page fax, and the posted charge was $3 for the page. On my bill at check out was a charge from the Business Center for $34 - OUCH! When I pointed out the error, they took the whole charge off. I would stay there again....

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ssbbcc
Albany,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

Very nice hotel. No complaints. Very convenient location. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance and a Metro stop that will take you into D.C. is only about 150 yards from the hotel. I would return and recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Bethesda Marriott
#6 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 450 reviews
Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg

Been to Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!