“Lack of Customer Focus Was Greek to Them”
Review of Trapezaria

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2018

This was my first time to this Greek restaurant that sits on a corner. Their large sign was not lit the night I dined so it was a little difficult to locate. It has a large interior that wraps around and a full-size bar. I arrived around 8pm and there were not many people in the restaurant.

I started with a Mezze (appetizer) of Halloumi cheese ($9). There were three 1”x3” squares, minced onion, tomatoes and cucumber with tzatziki sauce on a pieces of pita bread. Overall, very good. Next was the baked lamb ($15). It appeared to be braised meat, very tender with good flavor. Another very good item.

My entrée was the lamb chops ($29), five of them with asparagus and potatoes. Even though the lamb chops were over cooked they were tender and had a lot of flavor. The potato wedges also had a lot of flavor. The owner came over asking how it was and I said over cooked and he did a passive ask if I wanted it redone but at 9pm I said no it is OK ... never offered to take money off the tab or provide a complimentary dessert. I would have declined but it would have been the right thing to do. So instead of an outstanding rating they get a very good because of lack of customer focus and very average service.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

The restaurant has a clean and comfortable décor (and comfortable chairs). It was a Sunday evening and it wasn’t crowded, which was fine with us.

To start, our glasses of wine were generous. Our appetizer, Tzatziki, was thick and rich, as we’re used to, and served with fresh, warm grilled pita bread. We also shared a Saganaki. It was flambeed table-side and was delicious. BUT, for $14 it seemed too small a portion…..
We split a Trapezaria Salata, which was fresh and large enough for four people to share. We agreed this was a highlight…..

My entrée was Moussaka (my standard at Greek restaurants for decades). It was an ample portion, but was flavorless….. It looked great, but seemed to have no seasoning what so ever. I wouldn’t order it again. The normal Greek side of potatoes of string beans were seasoned well and delicious.

We wanted Crème Caramel for dessert, but they were out. C’est la vie.
It was a little before 9:00 and we definitely felt they wanted us out. There were two other tables there. They turned down the lights and the person clearing our table already had on their jacket. Not the best impression to leave a restaurant with……

We really wanted to like this restaurant more......... We might go back for the lunch buffet and maybe for dinner again……. TBD.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

We had a group dinner and the service was great and the food was even better than the service. We had a limited menu to choose from for our group, but based on the comments they were all great. I went with the recommendation of the lamb, and I don't normally order lamb, but it was well worth ordering. Fell off the bone and had great taste. Actually the appetizers, salad, entree, and dessert were all good.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

This brunch was such a,great find! Very affordable and good food. Yummy Greek dips, meats, veges and fish. There's an omelet bar made to order. My husband thought his feta and spinach omelet was one of the best he's had.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We are traveling to Greece soon and I wanted to try a few dishes. I ordered the Greek Sampler which has all kinds of Greek dishes and large sizes too. Moussaka, pasticio, lamb, kieftiko, dolmades, avgolemono, spanakopita, stewed green beans I didn't know I liked lamb it was delicious! The best baclava I've ever had and a flan type dessert was yummy.

Date of visit: August 2018