New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent Greek food in Rockville, MD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trapezaria

Trapezaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Trapezaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 389 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Greek food in Rockville, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Bottom Line-- Trapezaria has excellent authentic Greek food and great atmosphere.

The Excellent: The menu is very strong, boasting a long list of mezze, dips, and appetizers. The pita was always hot, fresh, and delicious. Try some of the many dips -- going far beyond the usual hummus and tzatsiki, there are excellent feta, fava, and eggplant options. We were also enjoyed the iman baldi mezze, dolomades, moussaka, and they had an excellent whole rock fish.

The Great: The cocktail list is pretty good, with some good specialty cocktails, and the wine list is solid as well.

The Good: The staff and host were friendly and personable.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TheJewgernaut

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a new greek place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The first time I tried this place, I wasn't too impressed. I tried again with another friend and got the chicken dish and it was outstanding.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank lili k
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“great greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went there on the advice of a friend and were not disappointed. We have been there 3 times now and every time the food and service have been wonderful. I agree with UFORich, it is definitely not typical Greek food. We could easily just order several mezze and dessert and skip the entre as the appetizers are easily large enough to share and there is a huge variety. We have enjoyed the 20 mezze for $40 special twice now. That is an excellent way to sample much of the menu and there was enough to take home for the next day's dinner. Parking is another plus for this restaurant. There is free, covered parking on weekends at the M&T bank lot right behind the restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank tad58
Madison, Alabama
“Christmas Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Enjoyed the wonderful ambiance, the service and the fabulous Greek food for Christmas Evening with our family. The food we had is not your run of the mill Greek, it does not have a Gyro on the Dinner menu. It has many wonderfully prepared lamb, steak and other options including plenty of individual appetizers which are a meal in themselves. They have a Greek sampler that includes moussaka, spanakopita, and the lamb. We all chose something different off the menu and were very happy. Salads are large as is are the portions. Meals are around $14-25 dollars in price but the quality is superb. I had Greek coffee and the galactobourekos which is a phyllo dough covered pastry with custard and covered with honey are wonderful as is the flan. It is convenient to a parking lot, and the ambiance is very classy.

• Visited December 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Trapezaria”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I would have given Trapezaria a much higher rating for the food and service. Both were excellent. My issues had to do with what happened behind the scenes. I called in the morning of my lunch reservation to lower the number in our party from 5 to 4. When we arrived, it was not changed. Our waitress even remembered that she had spoken to me but had not changed the number. We identified ourselves under my name with the Open Table reservation. They acknowledged it but the next day I received an email from Open Table saying I had been a no-show. Fortunately I was able to rectify the situation with a detailed email of our experience in the restaurant. These are the type of things that turn off a diner because they say one thing but do not follow through. Fortunately the food was delicious!

• Visited December 2013