“Good lunch - staff not very friendly”

Lebanese Taverna Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #45 of 489 Restaurants in Rockville
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 28, 2019

They must have recently relocated in the center as the old location had a sign directing folks to the new bay. There's plenty of competition in town for this type of food. A few friends suggested that I give LebTav a try. I'm glad I did as the food was good however the staff could have been a bit friendlier. I told them that it was my 1st time visiting and they really didn't seem to care.

I stopped in for lunch after my conference and ordered the pick your platter. Basically you get to select 5 items and it comes with bread and sauces you can take yourself from the station. This location in Rockville was order at the counter and they bring the food to your table as you get a number to display. Everything is put together after you order and the food came out pretty quickly.

I went with baba, salads & 2x shawarma (although there wasn't a lot of chicken). The food runner must have known some of the locals as she got them bread while they were waiting on their food to come up.

This place had both indoor and some outdoor seating. Good food and decent value too.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Quality is consistently and reliably excellent based on numerous visits to this restaurant. Prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2018

Feeling hungry while doing our shopping, we stopped here for lunch. This is our second time to eat here and concluded that we shall eat here again when we're in the area!

We ordered their famous bread plus hummus, lamb shank, and chicken platter. These foods plus our beverages totaled $38.11. First served were 4 pieces of freshly baked bread plus humus and the chicken platter. We enjoyed these dishes: hummus was tasty and complemented the delicious bread. My chicken and potatoes were seasoned well and were very delicious as well.

After about 7-10 minutes later, our lamb shank was ready. I tasted a small part of the lamb shank, it was very tender and delicious. Please see attached pictures for details.

Highly recommended! Delicious foods, fast service, reasonable prices! Note that lamb shank costs $17.95!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 12, 2018

We went for dinner. One of us got the lamb shank with (lots of) rice. I got salmon in a tomato and other veggies sauce. Both were excellent. There are even french fries and they were crisp.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We stopped in while in the shopping center. We got several appetizers and one sandwich for carryout. All were very good. There is a small ammount of seating inside. Give it a try.

Date of visit: August 2018