“Try the soft shell crab!”
Review of Taste of Saigon - CLOSED

Taste of Saigon
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I didn’t even know this restaurant was here, but I’m so glad I found it! Located in the Rockville Town Center, Taste of Saigon is a cute, little restaurant with a surprisingly large menu. I had Jasmine Iced Tea and chose the Soft Shell Crab with Tamarind Sauce for my meal. My dining companion chose the Vietnamese Steak (beef marinated in wine sauce then sautéed and served on a bed of greens - which was actually lettuce). I hadn’t eaten soft shell crab in years and still had memory of how good it was that last time, so the bar was high. The dish looked unassuming but tasted wonderful! The sauce was delicate and lightly sprinkled over the crab. The crab was tender and melted in my mouth. Though disappointed that the bed of greens was lettuce, my dining companion enjoyed her beef dish as well. Service was attentive but not of the hovering kind. Prices were reasonable for the area. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Our Sunday night dinner was mererl average. We used to love this place before they expanded and moved into their new fancier location. The menu seems smaller and less interesting.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Imperial rolls were chilled on the inside, as if they had be pre-made and kept fresh by refrigeration at a temp too low.

Lemongrass shrimp and pork vermicelli was very salty and a bit funky.

Service was good but not enough to save this place.

We each only ate about a third of our entree. Now I'm wishing I hadn't eaten any.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Reasonably priced Chinese food offered in an airy tall-ceilinged dining room. Service was efficient, prompt and friendly, which suited us well since we had to make a movie. I chose an entree specifically because the menu did not indicate the presence of cilantro, as it did on several other dishes, yet my dish was full of it; the only sour note on an otherwise uneventful and prompt dinner.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed an early Saturday dinner. The service was very good, though we had a slight communication problem. This did not affect our overall enjoyment. The server was helpful with suggestions about how the food we ordered was traditionally eaten in Vietnam. We ordered the pepper chicken and caramel fish. The pepper chicken was very good. The caramel fish was outstanding and would be a definite choice when eating there again. The location is a draw for us, as we enjoy the Rockville Town Square.

1  Thank doglover3