“Another Sushi restaurant for your collection”

Niwano Hana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 411 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bethesda, Maryland
“Another Sushi restaurant for your collection”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This restaurant is a welcome addition to our short list of >> pretty good sushi restaurants in this neck of Montgomery County. It really deserves 4.5 stars. The sushi seemed fresh, the service was very good, and the kitchen-based food (grilled squid, salmon jaw, etc) was excellent. The rolls (spicey tuna hand roll and some others we had) were ....ok, not inspiring. Overall, well worth it.

• Visited June 2013

Olney, Maryland
“Fresh, Fresh Sushi. Friendly and Gluten Free Accommodating”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I love this sushi restaurant, after our daughter tipped us off to it a few years ago. The people are very accommodating. My wife has no trouble negotiating her Celiac's Disease here. They know what gluten-free means, and that soy sauce has wheat. Oh, my, the sushi is SOOO fresh and tasty. We had a combined sushi/sashimi that had fish rolled in rice and then a another piece of fish or seafood on top. The tofu special sushi was great. But the grand prize goes to a scallop, hot mayo creation that had me drooling. (Sorry, too graphic. But you get the point)

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC
“Excellent Sushi, neighborhood feel”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The sushi here is some of the best I have ever had. Everything is fresh and well prepared with experienced sushi chefs greeting you as you walk in the door. The rice is tasty but not overly seasoned. Service is gracious, attentive and thoughtful. Tempura is usually hot and crisp, but once in a while a little soggy. I rarely make to an entree though because the sushi is so good. Not cheap but you get what you pay for and fresh well prepared sushi is sometimes difficult to find.

• Visited March 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Very consistent, good, creative sushi”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have gone here many times and have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh. They have a good menu with many alternatives to sushi. The sushi menu is extensive with different choices up on the wall. In the past I have tried the udon and the teriyaki chicken as well and those are also excellent.

• Visited February 2013
N. Bethesda
“Pricey but good Japanese”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Prices have risen but food is better than average. I will not obey your 50 character rule. I will not obey your 50 character rule until you send me a check for the review!

Visited October 2012