“Okay food; great atmosphere; and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nick's Chop House
Ranked #43 of 406 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Okay food; great atmosphere; and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I went here for our first anniversary. It's in a residental neighborhood/business park, and a fairly upscale area, so we were surprised that at 8pm on a Saturday night they were basically dead. We heard the owner say the economy is really hurting their business. I'd say there were only four or five other parties seated. The service was excellent, though three different waiters/waitresses waited on us throughout the night.

My husband had crab and artichoke dip as his appetizer. He said he couldn't taste the crab at all, and the few bites of crab he got didn't taste fresh. His meal was a med rare ribeye and broccoli. My husband is a professional meat cutter, so he knows his steak. He said it was cut and cooked very well, and he thought they probably cut their own steaks on site as ordered, but we didn't ask if that's the case. He had cheesecake w/ chocolate and kaluha sauce, which was pretty good, but the sauce tasted like Hershey's syrup.

I ordered the Caesar salad, which was fine, nothing special. For dinner I had a smaller ribeye (med well), which was very good, and mashed potatoes, which were luke warm. I ate a few bites, but left the rest to bring home. My dessert was creme brule, which was quite good.

Overall we probably would check out other local steak houses before returning.

• Visited August 2011

Rckville
“dont waste your hard earned money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

dont order the crab-lobster roll looked like cat food and tasted nasty ordered the special of the day ceasar salad with sea scallops you got 3 scallops which were overseasoned 14.95 price was special of day and hardly any dressing 2 small croutons on the lettuce that should be thrown out and the waiter did not quote the undisclosed price till the bill came .luckly I filled up on bread or may have starved.

• Visited March 2011
Potomac MD
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Our son wanted to go to Nick's for his birthday. They served lobster mac and cheese on their bar menu but we were in the dining room where the rest of our party ordered off the regular menu. They refused to give the birthday boy his preferred meal. He finally settled on something else so as not to make a scene. My husband talked to the manager afterwards to share our displeasure. He was apologetic and panicked that we'd call his boss so he offered to send us a gift certificate for another meal. A year later, it hasn't arrived-we would never set food again anyway in an establishment with such shoddy treatment.

• Visited April 2010
Germantown, Maryland
“Yummy For Your Tummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

Since my friend wanted to take me out to a nice restaurant for lunch, I suggested Nick's. I work in the neighborhood so it was very convenient. When we arrived, the atmosphere was very pleasant and the staff was very efficient and attentive. We both ordered the Salmon w/lemon butter sauce, asparagus and mashed potatoes, which also included a salad. The salmon was some of the best I've ever had and so was everything else. The portions were very generous and we both had leftovers. I thought it was a bargain for $14.95. Also, we ordered the bread pudding, to share, for dessert. I'm not big on bread pudding but my friend said it was some of the best he ever had. I will definitely return.

• Visited January 2011
Potomac, Maryland
“Excellent Experience- Potomac MD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

We had an excellent dinning experience. The steak was delicious, the service was wonderful and the prices were reasonable for fine dinning. We will return and recommend

• 4 of 5 bubbles