“HORIBBLE SERVICE-2 hour wait for FOOD!”
Review of La Canela

La Canela
Ranked #27 of 410 Restaurants in Rockville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rockville, Maryland
“HORIBBLE SERVICE-2 hour wait for FOOD!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I use to love dinning at this restaurant but something is going wrong with the restaurant. I have been telling my parents about this restaurant for a really long time now and was very excited to take them here; let me tell you it was my biggest mistake! We ordered 5 main entrée’s and have to wait 2 hours! This was just unheard of-the server was very rude and was getting angry that we kept asking her why the food was taking such a long time... They did not care to offer us complimentary appetizers or even a drink… I was so embarrassed that I selected this restaurant as a birthday dinner- the portions have been getting smaller and smaller! You are paying a very high price for the amount of food you are receiving if you are going to spend about $50.00 I would recommend going to another restaurant. The service is horrible-portions are small-prices are high and they make you wait 2 hours for a simple steak dish!

• Visited August 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Different but good...”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a Peruvian restaurant with some different menu items that you don't see often. I went here recently with two colleagues. The starters were very good and were happily shared by all... especially these wonderful crab croquetes. My entree was a sea bass with a creamy pepper sauce covered with calamari. The fish and the sauce was excellent but the calamari was terrible... I do not like the skin to be left on the squid which it was...and it was so tough, you could bound the pieces like a rubber ball. Overall, it would say that my colleagues and I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere but steer away from the calamari!

• Visited August 2013
“Not a great experience.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food was good but we had our appetizers well before we got our wine. They did not have the bottle we wanted so we had to pay $20 extra for a more expensive bottle. Waited for wine, waited for dessert. Service seemed disorganized like they were not used to having customers.

• Visited July 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“Prefer other places”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although the food was beautiful, it tasted "just okay". I really wanted to love it, but alas.... With so many other amazing restaurants in the area, I'd skip this place. Disappointing given the high rating.

• Visited July 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

La Canela offers a great Peruvian food! I tried the lomo saltado and ravioles rellenos de ají de gallina, and the ceviche... Awesome! The price is really good for the food they offer!! I don't know if we can make reservations ahead.

• Visited September 2012