“Great Food”

Ranked #27 of 419 Restaurants in Rockville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

La Canela offers a great Peruvian food! I tried the lomo saltado and ravioles rellenos de ají de gallina, and the ceviche... Awesome! The price is really good for the food they offer!! I don't know if we can make reservations ahead.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have eaten once...it was for my anniversary. It was great! Beautiful atmosphere and food. I highly recommend it. I plan on coming back on my birthday! Can't wait!

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We tried a little of everything including Peruvian drinks. The owners father was a wealth of knowledge and told us all the stories. It made a memorable experience

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Every time I am back in the area, the first restaurant my family visits is La Canela. We love every detail of it: the decorations, it makes you feel like you are in Peru; the music is great; the service is caring, and most important, the food is out of this world!
We ask for a variety of plates, so we can try each others food: ceviche, fried calamares, crab stuffed yuccas. All these appetizers are so tasty that we enjoy every bite of it.
For Marín course we love lomo saltado, it has the perfect balance of flavors and juiciness, aji de gallina, it is the best we have ever tried, arroz con mariscos, a mix of seafood with excellent rice with incredible flavors, and chupe de camarones, soup that customers shouldn't miss, I enjoy every spoon full of it.
The desserts are also very tasteful. The panacotta with raspberries, the tres leches, and if you're Peruvian and miss the picarones, come to La Canela....they are spectacular!
As you can see we love this place and we will continue to come as many times as we can when we are in the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Excellent food, professional service, good ambiance makes this Peruvian restaurant a very good change of pace from American/European fare. Around the corner from Rockville's Town Center square on Gibbs St., we found the Peruvian Yuquitas (mashed yucca balls, fried), Asadi de Tira (short ribs slow cooked in beer and served in a bowl of assorted Peruvian beans) and Chupe (shrimp chowder) of superior quality. Good selection of South American and Spanish wines. The pisco, described as a Peruvian brandy, was not to my taste and the Marguerita made with pisco was not interesting. Sit upstairs where it's quieter.