“Delicious authentic Ethiopian food”
Review of Sheba

Sheba
Ranked #30 of 489 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Sheba. Its in a little strip mall, a small restaurant but very busy. They accept reservations and have parking. We ordered the samplers which I think is a great way to try a little of everything. The platter comes atop a huge injera (pancake), you can also get a teff pancake which is gluten free option for extra cost. We ordered chicken sampler and vegetable sampler. We ended with teff cake with icecream. It was all gobbled down within minutes. The service is very good and everyone is hospitable. A must visit!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed January 8, 2019

Have eaten here twice now for lunch and haven't been disappointed yet. most of the Ethiopian in the area is in Silver Spring so it's a pleasure to have one in Rockville. The server had wonderful recommendations (it was not my first Ethiopian, but my friend had not tried it previously). I recommend the full platters - a lot of food but you get to try lots of different things. They have great vegetarians options too.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2018

If you enjoy Ethiopian cuisine living in the DC-area makes it so easy to get what you need. So many wonderful locations to sample and Sheba is an excellent, if not overlooked, example of Ethiopian food. My fiance and I, along with our friends, have sampled many of their dishes and all were delicious. We visit at least once a month and have yet to be let down. The only complaint is the location provides very little parking so that can make a dinner date a bit challenging at times. But the food and service make it worth the wait.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Good variety of foods and clean environment
The food was delicious. We ordered a second helping!
Ample variety of drinks
Service was faster than I expected.
Very courteous hostess.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Solid Ethiopian food, nothing special here. But the service is special. Most Ethiopian restaurants are painfully slow and service not particularly responsive; dinner as a very leisurely affair may perhaps be a cultural tradition for them, but not good for American clientele. This one is relatively quick and very attentive and friendly. I agree with the reviewer that you must order from the samplers, as one of the points of going to an Ethiopian restaurant is sharing a large variety of items. I’d suggest getting both meat and non-meat samplers. Also, we found at that you can get a gluten free version of the injira bread – critical, as it serves as your silverware – using a seed-based flour called teff. And a response to the last review – the injira that the food is on is SUPPOSED TO BE soggy – eating it along with the sauce that is absorbed is one of the pleasures of this genre of food.

Date of visit: April 2018