“Authentic Chinese food”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
travelingmag
“Authentic Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Located in a small strip mall on Rockville Pike. This place is packed and expect a short wait. The food is very authentic northern Chinese. Mostly noodles, dim sum, and soups. Very little fish or seafood on the menu.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good northern dim sum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

great selection and quick service. soups not to be missed.
Have taken picky eaters here and they found stuff they loved.

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I don't understand what is the fuss about?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had high expectations for this restaurant. It was recommended by a Taiwanese friend and a Chinese friend who is a native of Beijing. It was not difficult to find if you have a GPS, if not, it might be hard to notice. There is parking up front. The restaurant is small. The menu is not large, it is not the fine dining type. It serves a varieties of noodles and rice dishes and some northern Chinese snacks. I am reluctantly to call it Northern Dim Sum, as dim sum is for Southern Chinese cuisine. I ordered Scallion pancake, Pan-fried pork dumplings, steamed beef dumplings, poached Chinese cabbage, Pork rib with rice. Now the rice is very nice, the quality is better than other Chinese restaurant I have been to. The Pork Chop or Pork Rib as it was described in the menu was actually deep friend and not pan fried, and it was dry, there was no moisture in it. The pan-friend pork dumpling is so so, some of the dumpling were still stuck together with the dough not cooked, I think it might have been deep fried too. The Scallion pancake was think and heavy. I remember I had them in Beijing and Shanghai before, they were light and fluffy. It feels like they had been re-fried. The steamed beef dumpling is very ordinary, the wrapping is very heavy too. I find it there is no vegetable dishes on the menu is weir, I have to ask the waitress, and she said the only vegetables they serve is poached Chinese cabbage. Having said all the above, it is a real cheap eat, all those comes to $26. I don't think I have been to a cheaper Chinese restaurant than this. On the other hand, I cannot see myself driving 40 minutes to go there from down town DC. If the food were better I would have no problem. It is very ordinary, nothing that wows me. May be I am comparing it to the quality in Hong Kong, New York, London, Beijing or Shanghai. It is ok once in a while when I am desperate for a Chinese food fix, since the Chinese food is so crap in down town DC. What surprise me was there were all these awards from the newspaper...etc. I guess the food review was not done by a person who have experienced better Chinese food. So I don't understand what is the fuss about??

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Superlegalbabe
Sao Paulo, Sp
“Like homemade food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Chinese food, mostly dumplings and noodle soups. There are some small side dishes, good for 1 person to go and choose several dishes. Nothing is elaborate, but taste like homemade simple food.

Visited January 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Buried in a plain mall on Rockville Pike is a wonderful Dim Sum place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sure its plain, but the food is extremely well prepared and delicious. While I am not a fan of the traffic along Rockville Pike which can be painful, this restaurant is well worth the drive. While most dim sum establishments are Hong Kong style, this features more northern style fare. The food is light, not heavy or greasy.

• Visited December 2012