“Another pizza place”

Pizza CS
Ranked #42 of 416 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The original pizzeria experience; a simple and honest place to enjoy traditional Neapolitan pizza without making it a serious occasion.Have a glass of Italian wine or Aranciata with your pizza, play a bit of free foosball with your friends and enjoy a full menu of salads and local, old-fashioned ice cream.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I love pizza and I go eat pizza anytime I can. Pizza CS is behind Pier I in Rockville, a non descript shopping strip.Simple decor but appeared very clean when I was there. Not much of anything except for a great pizza. In two separate occasions we tried 6 different pizzas. All good and not all made with the same flavor and a few extras for variety. The price was good. I only saw guys taking care of the customers, all young and very plesant. The pizzas are 11" round and a very crispy, very thin crust as I like it. I will return to indulge my favorite fast food. Didn't ask about delivery and reservations.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Matchbox may be bigger, with a more varied menu, but if you're looking for true, authentic neapolitan pizza, this is the place. This is the kind of place that we should support -- welcoming staff, casual (but not dumpy) atmosphere, reasonable prices, and most important, pizza that is not from a chain!

1  Thank hoppyu
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We tried this place tonight based on the reviews and we were amazed. We ordered two pizzas, the Margherita and the Sonia. The texture of the crust and the flavor of the sauce were outstanding and very gourmet. They use the fresh mozzarella (i.e. not shredded) on all of their pizzas. Buffalo mozzarella is offered as another option. The proportions of the ingredients and the size of the pizzas were perfect. This place is literally across Rockville Pike from the other (more famous) pizza restaurant, but it is so much better. The staff here are so friendly and greet you when you walk in the door. The quality of the pizza is the best of the best. It is wonderful to find such outstanding quality so close to home. We will definitely come back with our friends.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Decided to eat out last minute. Searched Tripadvisor and saw Pizza CS was #2. I hadn't ever heard of it, but the reviews were great, so we gave it a shot.

The other reviewers nailed it. This is AWESOME pizza.

It's true Italian-style thin crust, and the crust is amazing. I'd eat it plain.
We got a red and a white for the two of us, and it was just enough.

Casual atmosphere with one TV, shuffle board, and foosball.

I'm 100% confident in declaring there isn't a better pizza around.
The service was great too.
Go.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's rare for me to get blown away by a new that seemed so highly rated yet I never heard of it. I am telling you now that this place is legit! Staff are really refreshing. Polite, attentive, but very relaxed. The whole place is set up like a counter pizza spot with pies from $7.50-$13 BUT the it tastes much more like a high-end $25 to die for pie. For Rockville and the surrounding areas, this is the real deal people! Awesome specials during the week. Owners are young down to earth local guys who greeted us as we walked in and we also met Jimmy who told us about half bottle wine nights on Tuesdays and Sunday dessert s'mores pizza...yeah, coming back for that!

Honestly, one of the best surprises in a long time for me. Very reasonably priced and is super fast! I had the CS Sausage with Mushrooms and a Peroni Draft. Pizza was so good my wife and I ordered the Brussels Sprouts Pizza with Pancetta and Mozzarella...WOW!!!! Best thing on the menu apparently. I believed it. A must order.

Best Pizza in Montgomery County period!