“Delicious!”

Yekta Kabobi Restaurant & Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Yekta Kabobi Restaurant & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 410 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Congressional Lane
Description: Yekta Kabobi is a unique family owned and operated authentic Persian restaurant. We were the first middle eastern grocery store and restaurant in the DC metropolitan area, and have been around since 1979. We specialize in the making of all types of kabobs. We also offer authentic Persian cuisine on a daily basis. We are located in Rockville, Maryland and easily accessible from anywhere in the Washington metropolitan area.
Gibsons, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We did takeout and the food is so tasty, the most authentic mediterranean food we have had in this area. The breads are soft and light. The rice is longrain and a great compliment to the various meat choices in sauce.

Visited November 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful restaurant, delicious Persian food”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We've been to the Yetka supermarket before but didn't notice the restaurant at the time. This time had the opportunity going for a family event – booked the entire space for a Sunday lunch to accommodate over 150 guests (maximum capacity). The first thing you notice when stepping into the dining room is the decor. The high domed and vaulted ceilings with an array of beautiful Persian glass chandeliers would be worth taking a look even if you don't dine there (they even had them in the bathrooms). There were wall murals and large planes of tinted glass on the upper part of the large tall windows, giving the room a very pleasant, bight and airy feel. For starters we had dolmeh (wine leaves), kuku sabzi (Persian frittata with fresh herbs), and mains were kubideh (ground beef kabob), chicken and lamb kabobs with perfectly cooked basmati rice with saffron, and a couple of vegetable sides, all flavored with fragrant mild and subtle spices. Everything was delicious. Have not had Persian food before but am now interested in trying more of this cuisine. An alternative to Indian food if you want something less hot spicy. Would definitely be interested in returning to this restaurant again even though it's a bit far away unless you live in Rockville, but it would be worth the effort.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Exotic Pleasure”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Yekta is definitely worth a visit. and I rate it a little more than 3 but less than 4. The food and service have been good to excellent but not consistently either the two times I have been there. The wait staff is very friendly and wants to be helpful but is too rushed to remember what has been asked for or is needed. The food is very good when the flavors are not too exotic for my western palate. The waiter's suggestions were helpful and I look forward to returning often enough to refine my preferences to order with confidence. Some dishes were winners and some were not, same with the 3 desserts our table shared. The Persian Market next door is a delightful wonderland to browse and I look forward to buying some of the impressive offerings. Definitely will be back.

• Visited October 2013
Silver Spring, MD
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is my new favorite Persian restaurant. The food is fabulous! I used to go to another Persian place up Rockville Pike and when they stopped serving inside, I decided to try this place. I am glad I did! The staff is friendly and service is excellent. I have been there twice this past month! They also have a nice wine selection!

• Visited July 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“'Yuk'-ta Kabab”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Look. This could have easily been given a 4 as I did see good potential but I must rate it based on my experience on that particular day and time. My wife and I were debating between Indian food and Kabab's for lunch and I picked the latter for no good reason other than the fact that it was closer. As you might have read in previous reviews, the exterior could use some work but inside it is a gem. However, I do not visit restaurants to appease my eyes but more to fill up my tummy with some good food.

So here it goes. The staff was friendly, maybe could have been a little more cheerful but it looked like they were understaffed, so I am not taking away any points for that. More than the interior decor, if you've ever read any of my other reviews, I crave for a good ambience. Makes the gastronomic experience that much better. I must say I was somewhat impressed. The place wasn't particularly buzzing with activity but we went for a late lunch on a weekday, so that is not entirely possible. Although, a top notch restaurant is always 'buzzing'. So we were set for a quiet lunch, not a big deal.

Here is where they went wrong. Their lunch specials were horrendous. They bring out these small pieces of naan with chopped onions. What do they expect me to do with it, make a salad wrap. Would it really hurt to provide a dip of some sort. How can you expect to call yourself a high end restaurant without providing basic amenities, I mean come on now. So we ended up ordering a combo dish of chicken and lamb. The chicken was succulent. Haven't seen so much juice in chicken in a while, so that was the highlight of our lunch. The salad was a bunch of lettuce and nothing more. We were provided with an ok dressing which made it edible. The rice could have used some butter or 'ghee' as I found it dry. The lamb was not bad either but I have had better.

Look, my 'beef' here is that if you are going to call yourself a restaurant have the decency of giving me what I paid for. Stop trying to cut costs everywhere you can. Starting from staffing, to the portions of the food to etc. etc. I really did think I overpaid. But that's just me.

• Visited May 2013