“OMG!! It's a must go ... that's if you like authentic Chinese Sichuan style”
Review of sichuan pavilion

sichuan pavilion
Ranked #185 of 424 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been to Chengdu in Sichuan provence ... so I had the real Sichuan food in China. now this place is even better than what I had back in Sichuan. Sometimes, Sichuan food can be too spicy and too oily, but this place is none of that. it's spicy, but not the kind of spicy that make me want to die. the flavor is sooooooo authentic and delicious that this place is now my official must stop whenever I am in town. The egg plant dish is amazing, also the tea leave smoked duck ... next time I'll take some pictures for yal.

1  Thank IntBizTraveler

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first time at this restaurant. It had received very high praise from several local publications and our friends had been there and also recommended it. They have a very extensive authentic Chines menu and also a fairly comprehensive "American Chinese" menu.
I suggest that you forgo appetizers and go to the main dishes. We tried three different appetizers and none of them were anything special. The main dishes - all three that we tried- were unique and worth trying. The eggplant and flounder dishes were outstanding. One caution though. We requested mild spicing. Even that was too hot and did take away from the chicken dish we had. I suggest that you ask the waitperson to make your dishes really mild. It will still have a kick, but will let you enjoy the flavors.The main dishes that have sauces are served for presentation. I suggest that you mix them well before serving.
It was not a busy night when we were there, so I can't really tell you how the service might be on a weekend. It was good when were were there on a week night.
If you go there on a cool night, where a heavy sweater. They seem to keep the thermostat low.
We will go back again.

1  Thank TomWall60
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I thought I remembered having a decent meal with my daughter at this restaurant a while back so we went there for her birthday celebration. Was I ever wrong! The food was terrible. The warning signs were there early on -- we asked for glasses for our beer, they brought 8 ounce plastic glasses out and then said they didn't have anything actually made of glass. The food was greasy. Is there anything worse than greasy Chinese food?

I recommend finding another place if you have the hankering for Chinese.

1  Thank oldruggedx
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We dined here last weekend and were very disappointed in what we ordered. Previous reviews of the traditional Chinese dishes have been quite good, but what we ordered was not very good. We had the fried pork dumplings which were tasty but the dumpling wraps were a little tough. The Orange Chicken was overcooked which made it dry and stringy. The beef in the Beef Chow Fun had a very strange texture and taste and the chow fun were not evenly cooked.

The restaurant was packed and seems to have many repeat customers, so maybe the kitchen was having an off night.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Im new to the area and found this place on tripadvisor but with only 7 reviews I was a little hesitant. I had takeout but saw that the Resturant was packed. The food was excellent. Everything had a gentle kick of spice. The women who took my order was very pleasant and helpful. This is definitely going to be my go to for Chinese food in Rockville.