“Good Pizza”
Review of Matchbox

Matchbox
Reserve with OpenTable
Matchbox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 416 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Located across the street from the Twinbrook Metro (red line)
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The outside decor was amazing and phenomenal. Service goes past it and the pizzas we ordered we just as good as everything else. They should open up more locations though in New Jersey and New York

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a nice looking, but noisy restaurant Their staples of burgers and pizzas are the things to be focused on. They do them quite well. They do all short on their mains. Beware of their putting spices sauces where you don't expect them. For example the pasta. there is no information on the menu as to the dish being spicy. Tell the wait person your concern when ordering. The service is quite good. It is a bit pricey for what you get.
Suggest that you make a reservation. The wait can be quite long for a walk in. Also, it would be best to avoid weekend dinners if you want to have a conversation. The acoustics cause everyone to shout.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hi everyone, I went to matchbox on sunday. My wife decided to order the special (Duck) Bad choice, no much flavor and it came with sweet potatoes gnocchi that where far away from being called gnocchi. My son and I did not come up with any crazy ideas, We order 9 burgers!!! Delicious and the onion straws. no words to describe them. I almost forgot we had soup. One of the specials on sunday was a beans and chorizo soup very good. My son had the cream of crab soup, try it you will like it. Service was fine and the restaurant, like always, clean and cozy

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

The best restaurant for burgers. Good Selection of beers. Some salads are delicious. But the top of the top is the fruit pizza, so good. Love the decor.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I just so happened to stumble into Matchbox last week while lunching with a work colleague. I had passed it by plenty the last two years, but wanted to try something new. It actually was a great time to try it out because this location was honoring the DC Restaurant Week and had a great deal. Appetizer, Entree, and Dessert for $20. I feel like we received a great sense of the menu with that very affordable tasting. The ambiance and decor is awesome... a very rustic feel, with vintage matchbooks incased in the table. The menu's were cool looking... The appetizer was calamari which was absolutely divine... I had the salmon for the entree and my colleague had the pizza, we enjoyed our respective entrees and also sampled eachothers. I would definitely order the pizza after trying hers in the future. Sorbet was served for dessert which was perfect way to end the meal.. Overall I would definitely make this a regular spot in for lunch or dinner in the future.