“Disappointing, skip it”

Transit: Twinbrook Metro and Rockville Metro
Potomac, Maryland
“Disappointing, skip it”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I ordered from Take Out Taxi. The order arrived within 45 minutes but was not good quality or value. For $74 we got a crabdip appetizer with stale pita chips and 3 slices of bread, stuffed salmon that smelled off, and an oily, greasy jumbalaya dish that made my husband ill. His side salad was pathetic for $5, glad I didn't order the limp , slightly wilted lettuce and stale, hard to chew croutons. We both took alka-seltzer and agreed we wouldn't be giving them a second shot.

• Visited December 2012

Wash DC
“A great room for a family party”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked the Seaside Room, a private room at the Potomac Grill, for my mother's 90th birthday party. We had looked hard to find a small party room that accommodated all of our requests -- for example, we wanted to order off the regular menu rather than from a banquet menu. Banquet manager Courtney and her staff were welcoming, well prepared, and extremely helpful. I recommend this location for smaller groups looking for an attractive small space for a special occasion. We had a group of 13 people in three generations.

We had asked to have the room set up so that a photographer could work at one end; the restaurant did this and it worked well. We also had bunches of gold balloons delivered, which looked great in the gold and earth toned decor of the Seaside Room.

The Potomac Grill has a conventional but good and dependable menu. Dinner service was prompt. Several people had house salads (field greens, walnuts, croutons, creamy balsamic vinaigrette) which were very good; several had Caesar salads. The drunken mussels were a popular starter course in our group, as was the French onion soup.

Main courses chosen included crab cakes, served with brown rice, steamed vegetables and pickled ginger. These were very good. A glazed salmon with red mashed potatoes and a salmon stuffed with crabmeat were popular at our table. The Potomac Grill allows diners to choose the size of fish portion they want (full size about 8 oz, petite size about 4 oz) and we had different sizes ordered by our group. One person had a generously portioned ribeye steak; another chose a vegetarian pasta.

For the occasion we had requested a special dessert. The chef prepared individual servings of pumpkin creme brulee, presented in small ramekins and drizzled with caramel. Everyone from age 9 to age 90 loved this dessert!

Beverage service was prompt. We were surprised that no sparkling wines were listed on the menu. When we asked, the restaurant did have champagne available and they chilled several bottles for a toast. Three other bottles of wine ordered from the regular wine cellar were served promptly and with no problems.

The Seaside Room has a large flatscreen TV, which visitors can use for presentations of any kind. We decided to make good use of this, with audio and video files we prepared for the occasion.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rochl
Rockville, MD
“Run in the other direction”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We got seated at a table and then ignored. I mean ignored. Plenty of servers gathered at the hostess stand talking. I walked up to them and asked for menus...which they handed me. I went back to my table and gave one to my husband. We looked. We chose. STILL no one came to the table. The total amount of time that passed between being seated, and getting up to walk out was fifteen minutes. It got to be amusing after a while. When we walked out, I commented to the servers 'thanks for nothing'. I got absolutely NO response from anyone. I can't believe it's taken me this long to remember to post this review. This restaurant deserves to close.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Lviehmyer
Alton, Virginia
“"Go to" place”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Have eaten here at least a dozen times in the last couple years. Always good. Went for Sunday brunch once which was also very good.

Small place w/ great service and a modest but reasonably diverse menu plus assorted specials. No complaints about any of the various items I have tried. Most items are large servings so go hungry or plan on taking some food home. House bread is very good. Crab dip appetizer is so filling it may spoil you for dinner. Good seafood, steaks, soups, and sandwiches, e.g., killer Reuben.

In the winter getting a table near the fireplace is a bonus.

• Visited May 2012
Hercules,CA
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

we went for a Sunday brunch, very little choice for food its buffet its bit overpriced i guess cuz its Mother Day they have a live Jazz music, the food is ok but the service is superb no complain.
The omelet is superb. i will try it again maybe lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2012