“This was a great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg

Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Latham, New York
“This was a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites with my daughter for 2 nights in late October. I honestly can say that this was one of the most comfortable hotels that I've ever experienced. The room was large and had anyhing that we needed for coolking. Both the bed in the room and the foldout sofa bed were comfortable. The hotel was also very quiet.On our first night, we attended an event in Washington DC and returned late to the hotel. The parking lot was very full. After about a minute of searching for a parking place, a hotel employee came outside and pointed to us where we could park. We also took a Metro to DC. Hotel staff drove us to the Metro and picked us up as well. My daughter also really enjoyed the free breakfast. I found the employees at the servicec desk to be consistently helpful and personable. After we left the hotel, I realized that I had left my the pants to my suit in the room. I called the hotel the next day, and told them what had happened. My suit pants were sent back to me, free of charge, within 5 days.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlie S
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Charlie S,

Thank you for your feedback, and for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your most recent trip to the area. It was our pleasure to accomodate both you and your daughter, while visiting the many sights of the greater Washington D.C metro area. Your comments regarding the large full service accomodations our suites provide, as well as the quiet and relaxing guest environment with easy access to downtown Washington D.C. via our complimentary hotel shuttle, I'm sure will be helpful for many future guests of our hotel. I was also very pleased to see our staff achieved our goal of exceeding your expecations during your time at our hotel. If you or any member of your family ever return to the Washington D.C. metro area, it would be our pleasure to be your home away from home yet again!

Have a safe and happy holiday season, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Terre Haute
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I guess I expected perfection since I'd been told this hotel was rated number 1 last year. We used this hotel as a home base for our vacation as it was centrally located and had a kitchen which allowed us to economize. Many of the amenties are based on the business clientale, which also suited us fine. Our reservation for a double room was not available when we arrived and the front desk staff offered to put us up in the Hilton next door with a double. The problem was we planned meals around having the kitchen so we declined their offer and took a single bed with pull out couch for one night. I have to say the pull out bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable. The beds, however, were very comfortable but the pillows were too soft for me. I prefer a firm foam pillow.
We used the hot tub and pool almost every night. The hot tub was out of service our second night there, but was fixed by our next visit. There is a life guard on duty while the pool is open, which is a first.
The hotel has a list of other amenties like energy saving key card that must be in the slot near the door for the power to work, coin laundry, large fitness center, and complimentary breakfast, and some dinners throughout the week. There is a complimentary shuttle to the Metro station but we chose to drive as it wasn't that far.
The breakfasts were okay and met our needs. We partook of several of the dinners but if you don't get there early the food is cold and picked over.
Internet connection was free but we found it to be rather slow.
I also would have liked another trash can near the desk, but that's getting real picky.
All in all it was a very nice hotel. I would have liked some sort of compensation for our inconvenience the first night especially since we'd had the reservation for months. I would definately stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: We had rooms on two different floors and both were quiet, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear dmbakerphd,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Our most instrumental tool is the voice of our valued guests, and we are committed to ensuring your feedback will be used to provide the best guest experience for each of our future guests. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our hotel location, spacious kitchen's, large 24 hour fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. I was also dissapointed to hear of your arrival issues, lack of comfort in your hotel suite, and of any inconvenience you or your party experienced due to the temporary repair of our whirlpool. I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for these issues, and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on any future stays in the Rockville area.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of any future assistance. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Upstate New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had very high expectations after reading all of the reviews of this property and seeing their #1 rating with Tripadvisor. I would say overall this was a nice place to stay but my stay was not without its little issues that keep me from saying it is excellent.
So the good things, there was ample parking, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, coin operated laundry, pool, hot tub, newspapers at the front desk, included breakfast and included dinner (Monday thru Thursday). Our room was very comfortable and quiet and we had lots of room to spread out.
The few issues that keep me from saying this was an excellent stay...#1 I emailed the property prior to our stay to find out if the kitchen included an oven or just a stove top. I was told that every suite had an oven...I didn't see an oven in our room, thankfully I had prepared meals that could be fixed in the microwave and on the stovetop. #2 when we went to check in our 2 bed room was unavailable they offered to put us in a 2 bed room in their sister property next door but there would be no kitchen, they would store our refrigerated food for us until they could move us the next day, we opted to take a single bed room and a pull out couch(with kitchen) for the first night and then the hotel moved us while we were out sightseeing the next day. The move was very seemless and effecient but it frustrated me that our original reservation was not available when we arrived and that we were not given any kind of compensation for the inconvenience of being moved around. My last negative issue was that one evening when we went to use the hot tub it was out of service. It was fixed by the next evening but one of the reasons I chose this hotel was that it had a hot tub.
Overall, my stay was nice, the positives outweighed the negatives and I definetly would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear KB231blue,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. We appreciate your business and your valued feedback regarding your time here at our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our ample on-site complimentary parking, service oriented team, and our complimentary daily Suite Start breakfast and evening Dinner and Drinks (Monday-Thursday). I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the misinformation provided regarding in room ovens, and any difficulty you experienced during your arrival experience. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each of our valued guests, and our team is committed to providing nothing less during each and every overnight stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly prior to your next trip to the Rockville area, it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your next stay is exceptional.

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the kind of hotel that warms the heart of the business traveler. The staff is friendly and the facility is clean, comfortable and welcoming. Even if you aren't setting up housekeeping, it's nice to have the kitchen and desk areas that are part of the suite layout. Free wi-fi and parking are much appreciated. Icing on the cake is having decent food and wine in the evening (week days) and a breakfast buffet--all included in the room price. The location is decidedly suburban, but other reviewers have commented on reasonable Metro access. I went for a walk in the neighborhood for some exercise and felt completely safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Partera_9,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. As a repeat guest, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your business and loyalty to our property. We pride ourselves on offering a full complimentary dinner each evening Monday-Thursday with homemade specialities made by our Executive Chef, accompanied by wine and beer selections. Our daily complimentary full hot breakfast buffet also offers a variety of options ranging from fresh fruit, oatmeal, breakfast breads and cereals, to homemade eggs and daily assorted hot breakfast options. I am also glad to see you were able to enjoy the many suburban walking trails throughout the local area. Keep in mind our large 24 hour fitness center is available for those rainy days!

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Have a great holiday season!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent staff, warm & welcoming! Very clean, bright, large rooms. Maids are friendly and accommodating. Food excellent (except for the restaurant -- not that great..) But the complimentary breakfasts and dinner were fabulous. Shuttle service to the metro made it a simple trip each morning into DC for sight-seeing. I'll definitely put this hotel at the very top of my list when I go back to DC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Pat T,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Washington D.C. metro area. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your time at our property, and I wanted to thank you for providing feedback on your experience. Our team loves hearing feedback from our guests, and will be thrilled to see that we accomplished our goal of providing an exceptional guest experience for you. I hope you had a safe trip back to Wisconsin, and hope to see you again next time you decide to visit the D.C. area!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just returned from a vacation trip to the Washington DC area. We really enjoyed visiting many of the tourist sites in the DC historical area. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Rockville, MD. After looking at hotels closer to the sites we wanted to see, we chose Homewoods Suites in Rockville due to price, proximity to the Metro and the the reviews on TripAdvisor. What a great choice! They really took great care of us. The free shuttle service to and pickup from the Shady Grove metro stop made the daily trip very easy for us. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The hotel provided a full breakfast, a very nice dinner each evening during the week including beer and wine. I want to sell my house and move to the hotel! It was absolutely the best place I have ever stayed in for a vacation trip! Definitely will look for Homewood Suites wherever I travel from now on.

Room Tip: We booked the standard one queen bed room and it was spacious with a full sized refrigerator, oven...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill H
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Bill H,

Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites on your trip to the Washington D.C. area. It was our pleasure to serve as your home away from home while visiting the metro area. I am very pleased to hear our close proximity to the Shady Grove Metro gave you convenient access to the many downtown attractions, and you were able to enjoy our daily Suite Start breakfast and evening Dinner and Drinks. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Washington D.C. or Rockville-Gaithersburg area and my hope is you and your family returned home safely to Wisconsin!

MIchael Anderson
Bethany Beach, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were in town for a wedding & all stayed in this convenient area in Rockville. As with Homewood Suites, a large refridgerator and microwave is standard -- love that, as no matter what hotel I stay in, I bring my own coffee pot & must have "my own half-&-half" that must stay refrigerated. But I digress! The overall hotel was very nice, altho I've stayed in better Homewoods in the sense that the rugs @ this one were kind of worn & our room was not "spotless" (you know, that ol' hair still in the shower area....c'mon cleaning people, that's a real no-no!). I also had the misfortune of losing my camera which I left in their lobby. I called the hotel while a bunch of us were out to dinner and I noticed I had left my camera behind with precious pictures already taken! Two times I was hung up on -- I'd like to think it was an accident, but when I finally explained for the THIRD time that I may have left my camera on a particular leather chair in the lobby, the girl at the front felt this phone call needed to go to another person. I only wanted someone to check really quick and that was only the first time I was hung up on (or disconnected - ?). Anyway, if I were at the front desk, I would immediately have checked the area. One of the girls took my cell phone number but never had the courtesy to follow up on that "promise." So while in a very noisy restaurant, I persisted with Homewood's front desk & got little satisfaction. ANYWAY, the overall hotel really was nice & there was a lovely girl that we did deal with who worked at the front desk, so I don't want to give the impression they were all not helpful. One NEGATIVE I will add, however, if Management cares to take note of, is during the breakfast frenzy, we noticed some "walk-ins" that we were sure were not staying at the hotel. I wouldn't ordinarily care but since we are "paying customers" & "walk-ins" are not, I think some of the "locals" take advantage of the fact that Homewood serves large breakfasts without anyone checking who belongs where, if you know what I mean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Linnie D
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Linnie D,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I see there were many positive aspects of your stay as well as some areas that need attention and improvement. We will use your feedback to improve our overall level of service and ensure our future guests receive the best possible experience at our hotel.

Thank you for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Michael Anderson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#4 of 15 in Rockville
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!