“Bring your BEST!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course

Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bring your BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is not your zip lining adventure, This is climbing, jumping, zip lining and even skate boarding to the limit. We started at 4 on a Sunday afternoon, and we were challenged for three and a half hours of testing ourselves in ways we never had, amazing tine with family/
Six different sets to explore, we loved the gorilla jumps the best. On a few sets you can choose easy or hard paths, I mixed it up, not my daughter though!
Plan for three to four hours, great park for family not going to Go Ape as well.
Glad I listened to great instructions from the staff, you are on your own sometimes 70 feet in the air. Red means blue on the Zips!!!
If I could add anything to the experience maybe a restroom somewhere in the middle of the course! Thanks for the water stations, well done!
We'll be back!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tom0312

Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best zipline course in the DMV!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I went in April of 2013 and had an amazing time. I didn't realize just how great this course was until I went on another course this past week that couldn't hold a candle to Go Ape.

Go Ape has a great in-depth safety tutorial. They absolutely make sure you know what you're doing before you go up in the trees. The staff is great! The course itself is really fun- just enough challenge to keep it interesting, but not so much that you're too exhausted to have fun. The zip lines were a lot of fun as well!

I liked that there was a fork in the road in the courses where you could choose to do the more difficult obstacles or the easier ones- this made it fun for everyone!

My favorite part about the experience was that the safety cord you are connected to is above your head- so if you accidentally step off the course mid-air- you just hang there perfectly suspended and can easily get back on. The other course I went to was at chest level and if you dropped you would end up hanging well below the obstacle.

Everything about Go Ape is designed for a fun and safe time! Definitely recommend it!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank J P
Gaithersburg, Maryland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Great course - over six acres of zip linning. It's an impressive course, mostly in the air, I went on a groupon and I loved it . I can't wait to go back again.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Excellent fun for adults and kids alike......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Though you can only go as an adult to chaperone children..... so make sure you go before everyone is too big. What great fun, after training and instruction which means you are held on by sometimes 3 clips, you stumble across wobbly plank bridges, pull yourself along wires and ropes and zoom down zip wires. We went on half term when it was packed and sunny but cool in the shade and to be fair, there was quite a bit of queuing at the beginning, then as people thinned out it got to around 20 minutes wait. Last section was virtually wait-free as many had given up going back for lunch. Nice picnic area, lots of (paying) parking and all my children enjoyed it, only my 14 yo son could do the main course, the two girls had to do the junior section which they enjoyed nonetheless. So well done Go Ape - nice job.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Edward P
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Went for my daughters birthday..was 10 people in our group...this was my 2nd time going...went oct 2013..this place is great..staff is really good..we were late getting there due to traffic but they accommodated us w/no problems..course takes about 2-3hrs..there a 6 obstacles & in between each obstacle there is a zip line..it can be very tiring by the time you get to the 4th obstacle which by the way is the highest & harderst obstacle to do..had a lot of fun but we are all exhausted!

Visited April 2014