“Amazing Adventure!!”

Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were visiting my brother in DC and after looking for something to do, we found Go Ape. It was easy to get to and easy to find. The staff was excellent- very pleasant, informative. The training was great. We didn't have to wait long for each zip line or obstacle- even though it was very crowded that day. We took lots of pictures and videos and we have tons of great memories of that day. We always wanted to do an adventure course and we were so happy we found Go Ape!! We hope to bring our family back there soon to show them what a great time it is- definitely recommend this adventure!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I spent part of the day at Go Ape on a Saturday in November. We were originally looking for some place to go on zip lines and had never heard of Go Ape. They have zip lines and a lot more--Tarzan swings anyone?
We easily made reservations on line. I would definitely allot 3 hours for the whole experience. You start out with some safety lessons from one of the Go Ape guides (And you are very safe. You're normally hooked up to at least two safety lines.) Then you're on your own to move through 6 different sections in the trees. Friendly Go Ape Guides are wondering around if you need help or have questions. We got some friendly tips from a guide on how not to end up dragging our butts in the wood chips coming in on a zip line. My last zip line was my best!
It looked like anyone in your group not actually participating could still walk the course under the trees and snap pictures.
This would be a great side trip for those visiting or living in DC or even Baltimore.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

A hidden treasure!! I eneded up here on a living social package- ziplinning and beer tasting. It was a BLAST!! There is six acres of fun here, the staff is helpful and friendly.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I found Go Ape Adventure in Rockville, MD to be one of the best adventure things I've done in a long time. The instructors were fabulous, patient and super nice. When they said you will be skateboarding 40 feet in the air, they weren't joking. The course design is outstanding . I WILL be BACK!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

its was a great time !!! instructers are great and very helpfull (thanks for the encouragment jon)
i'm scared of heights but i felt very safe and complety informed about what to do. Stay attatched.
we will be back!!