“Lovel, clean, modern, great value”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Fe, NM
“Lovel, clean, modern, great value”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here overnight on a road trip while visiting a friend in Rockville. It's a beautiful new property. Modern, clean, comfortable. Nice pool and gym. Free coffee, fruit and fresh cookies in the lobby. Very friendly service. Plenty of free self parking, Free wired internet in the room. The service was friendly. The only problem was: I'm a Hilton Honors member and tgey didn't take care of my preferences (extra towels in the room) and the bill was not under the door in the morning. But this was minor compared to the whole experience. When I was asked at check out about my stay and menioned this, I got an apology and a Starbucks gift card.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Air Conditioning in the rooms do not work properly. I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and everyday I wake up at mignight because of sweeting and feeling hot. The A/c works but it just blows fan. Though I adjusted the control to be at 68F with "Hi" mode, it never showed the effect.

That said, the rest of the things are pretty good. Gym was equipped with threadmills, ellipticals which have TV attached to them, Swimming pool is clean and neat, service is good etc.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
st. petersburg fl
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This new building is a combination Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn. The lobby and entry are beautifully decorated, and we were upgraded to a suite with whirlpool tub, separate shower and second bathroom. The furnishings are bright and comfortable, and staff is welcoming and friendly.
We booked this at the last minute to avoid in-city DC prices and hassle and discovered a gem where we could have lived for days and days.
Short drive to businesses and restaurants along Rockville Pike.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
SFO, CA
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This is a brand new hotel. Everything else is good but the aircondition! I felt like I sleep near the highway. We paid $200 (including tax) a night, but I just can't sleep at all under the super noisy aircon unit in the room! I can't understand why nice hotel like this can't buy some better airconditions. In Asia, even the cheaper aircon are not noisy like this! And normally people put the main air con units outside the wall, but in the US, that's not the case unless you go 5 star hotel(in D.C. area you have to pay about 300 to 500 bucks) with centrel AC.... Very sad!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Good:
Nicely decorated, more modern style
Indoor pool had lifeguard on duty, also had outside sitting area (also hot tub by pool)
Really nice exercise equipment room! Rather large in comparison to some hotels...
Staff was pleasant

Not so Good:
Discovered two very obvious long hairs on top of white bed comforter upon arrival ...
Two light fixtures in room were not working... had to call front desk to send someone up...turns out they were plugged into "wrong" outlets?
Each time you leave the room, the air conditioning system turns off (green hotel?). So when returning to the room, it was uncomfortable and too warm. Thermostat would only turn down to 68, but room never felt that cool. This made sleeping uncomfortable, along the the pillows, which were also lacking..
No free breakfast

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristi5
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed with my husband for the weekend just visiting frineds and sightseeing. This is a green hotel. I support this endeavor, but the air unit would not cool our room below 72 degrees, though the thermostat would go down to 68 degrees. I typically sleep in a very cool room, so while I was at this HGI I woke up each morning with a raging headache. We addressed this situaiton with the front desk staff. He explained to us that this saves energy and it is what they do in Europe. My thought was we are NOT in Europe. So, while I could not cool my sleeping room to my normal temperature, the hotel was running a gas log fireplace in the lobby the whole time we were there while at the same time running the air conditioning to cool said lobby. This seemed not so green to the hubby and me. I told my husband I wanted to sleep in the hallway as it was cooler than our room. Also, there were dirty dishes in the hall our room was located on when we arrived in the late afternoon Friday, they were still there on the floor when we left Monday morning. The room was none too large but big enough if you are just sleeping and heading out each day. We paid $75 a night, that was a AAA rate, I would not have wanted to pay more. I probably will not return to this hotel, but would tell others about it and give them the good and the bad.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple