“Overall good stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mount Prospect, Illinois, United States
“Overall good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on business. Overall, I thought that the hotel was definitely a good place to lay your head. It's a little confusing at first when you walk in because they share a lobby sort of with home wood suites. Just never seen that before but it is kind of neat. I stayed on the fifth floor, i thought the room was very nice and clean. The bathroom had nice countertop space which I appreciate. The two cons for me was the shower head, it definitely needs to be replaced as the shower was spraying each and very way. Also, the beds are very hard, now to each their own but for me it was borderline uncomfortable. There was one more minor com as well, I couldn't really figure out the TV remote and there really wasn't a guide channel which was annoying. I will say the breakfast and service in the morning was phenomenal! Overall, I did enjoy my two night stay here.

Stayed August 2014
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Lilia P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our dual set-up to be neat, our rooms to be nice and clean, and countertop space to be convenient. I'm sorry about the issues you experienced with the shower head, bed and TV remote. I appreciate your feedback, and the showerhead will most certainly be replaced, but we should have had that completed prior to your arrival. We also perform quarterly inspections on our mattresses, but our guests should have the ability to adjust to their liking with our adjustable system. I'm really sorry that you had an uncomfortable sleep. Also, every room is to have a TV Channel List, clearly yours was missing, and there is no excuse for it not being in your room. We really appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to get better, and I'm very happy that you had a phenomenal experience with our breakfast and service in the morning! Thank you, again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Pros:
1. Great proximity to shopping and businesses
2. All amenities a business traveler should expect
3. Gym access 24 hours
4. Nice clean stay

Cons:
Kinda weird that another brand hotel is attached to the hotel. If you make a left upon entering the sliding doors, you are in an entirely different hotel. Make a right and you are in your hotel.
Upon leaving the gym, if you go right vs left....same issue

I'm sure they join forces to cut costs and save money for the customer....BUT it's still confusing and a little weird.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear twillis600,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent business trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, business travel amenities, 24-hour Fitness Center and cleanliness of our hotel. I'm sorry that you experienced issues with our dual brand property. We strive to deliver an experience that is seamless, but we appreciate your feedback to help with future improvements. Thank you again, and certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened and have been very happy.This time was different. In fact we checked out 3 days early and went to another hotel. The rooms were musty. The AC was very loud and the mattresses were very uncomfortable. To top it off when we checked out early the front desk staff didn't even inquire as to why. We have stayed there for the last time!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LEMJAM
Dear LEMJAM,

Thank you for your feedback, and for your loyalty to our hotel since we opened. I'm really sorry that your most recent experience was not the same as your previous stays. There is no excuse for the problems you encountered, but your feedback will allow us to improve the environment and comfort of our guestrooms. Also, I'm sorry that our team did not inquire as to why you were leaving early, and I can certainly understand you'd prefer not to return. However, I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity, so we can deliver the experience that you are accustomed to, and that our hotel is known for. Thank you again.

Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn as one of the best hotels for business people who find themselves travelling too much. The Hilton Garden Inn staff and service make you feel like your'e at home regardless of where you are.

Dear Lawrence B,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and it's great to hear that our team makes it feel like home! Thank you so much for your recommendation, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

rocester hills, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our room was not made up one day. We called it in when we came back to our room at night, but by then it was too late for them to do anything. We twice called in a problem with the closet doors not working and they were not fixed during our 4 night stay. We were disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Chris P,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville. I'm very sorry that we failed to clean your room one day during your stay. It is our responsibility and pleasure to refresh our rooms on a daily basis, and we clearly failed to deliver that service to you and your family. Also, I apologize for the closet doors not being fixed during your multiple night stay. There is no excuse that this was not completed, as we strive to deliver efficient service and work with effective communication within our team. I'm sorry for the issues your experienced, but your feedback is very helpful in our improvement moving forward. We certainly hope you will still consider our hotel the next time you are visiting Rockville, so we can deliver an exceptional experience for you and your family. Thank you.

Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My Hilton Garden Inn room and housekeeping were excellent, 5 Stars! Room service food was great! The booking services and the reception personnel whom greeted me were not satisfactory. I had great difficulty booking the room and arranging for payment. Upon arrival no evidence of my pre payment method had been received and I was not going to be checked in. Fortunately, at the last minute I found my original paperwork, which had been faxed several times, and the booking was processed. During the process of the booking, the Hilton fax machine was broken and staff were unresponsive. The phones were not working either while I was trying to call to confirm payment methods. A great deal of time out of a busy schedule was put into a simple reservation. I didn't feel I was respectfully treated by staff. Customer service told me on the phone prior to my booking that the payment method was complete and I did not need to worry about the payment method any longer, yet your reception personnel were not going to let me stay.
Very disappointing service from such a highly respected Hotel and Hospitality chain.
Ann

Room Tip: I am sure all of the rooms are probably great. I have stayed here twice, both with great rooms. Road...
Green Features: Very thoughtful about the environments. Great showers too.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Ruby7437,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville. I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with reservations and your arrival at our hotel. We strive to deliver the highest level of service to our guests, and we clearly failed to provide you with that experience. We will continue to train our team members to ensure our guests consistently receive the service they deserve. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our green features and our guestrooms and showers. We certainly hope that you will return again during your next visit to the Rockville area. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

State College, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

great stay, great staff, clean, comfortable, everything exactly as it should be. I travel for business quite frequently, and I have seen the good, bad, and downright ugly in hotel rooms. I am a former hotelier myself, so I am especially critical of hotels. This property and its staff were exceptional in every way.

Hello Jeffrey D H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent business trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you think of our property and staff as exceptional! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!