“pleasant stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 5, 2014

excellent condition. the room was spacious. nice size bathroom with all necessities. well kept bed and it is indeed a queen bed. view was great. free parking and WiFi. it was a very comfortable stay. value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Drupatie S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville with you family during your recent trip to the area! We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be in excellent condition, room to be spacious and bathroom to be well-equipped. It's also great that you enjoyed many of the other amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Traveled on business. The room was about what you'd expect from a good Hilton Garden Inn. However on check-in, none of the extras that accompany a top tier Hilton member were offered. Had to ask for them later. Not a good sign.

Breakfast was average. Internet speeds are very slow, even for basic browsing/email.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello BnT03,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm sorry that we failed to deliver the extra amenities and service that our top tiered Hilton Honors members expect and deserve. I appreciate your feedback on breakfast and our internet speed, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon so we can exceed your expectations. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

So many good reviews that mine is hardly needed, but it deserves another one. Nice room, very comfortable bed and pillows, which are the most important things, IMO. Room was quiet, shower was good, breakfast was fantastic! Staff was all very nice. Reasonable prices.

Dear Ellen2006,

Thank you for choosing to bring your family to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy that you think we deserve another great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed our nice, quiet, comfortable rooms and bed, and that you thought our breakfast was fantastic. I appreciate your recognition of our staff, and I look forward to sharing your comments with our team! Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is an unbelievable hotel! Extremely nice and accommodating staff. Room was practically brand new and the bed OMG! I wanted to take it with me! We had on site security on each floor to ensure that riff raff wasn't in the hotel bothering the paying customers. $129.00 was worth it! and not too far away from DC and the sites. A must Stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello Scotty A,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent visit to the D.C. area! We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel! It's great that our accommodating staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed the convenience and value of our location. We certainly appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 4/10/14 to 4/13/14 to visit my father who is staying next door at the Homewood Suites for an extended time period as he works on a project in Bethesda. The two properties are connected which made it very convenient. Both places were very nice and clean and the staff was overly accommodating. Especially Sapna at the front desk , who went above and beyond to help us out in hectic personal situation. They also have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the property including the Shady Grove Metro Station. The shuttle drivers Jason and DJ were very helpful and friendly. It’s about a 30 minute commute on the Red line Metro from Shady Grove to Metro Center in Downtown Washington DC. We had a great breakfast on Sunday morning and our server, Alice, was great. Thanks for a wonderful stay and we hope to visit again.

Also, if you get a chance, stop at the Silver Diner at 12276 Rockville Pike for great food and “diner” atmosphere.

Thanks,
Jim

Dear jmast51,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent visit with the family! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and found our hotel to be very nice and clean, complimentary shuttle service to be convenient and breakfast to be great! Also, I really appreciate your recognition of our team being overly accommodating, and I'm very glad that Sapna, Jason, DJ and Alice took such great care of you. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great breakfast staff and quality of food! Overall, this is an excellent hotel. Air conditioner requires individual attention to the settings that please them. Location is generally quiet. We have returned several times so this is a positive indicator.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for choosing to return to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during the recent trip with your family to the area. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that enjoy our food quality and service at breakfast. We're very glad that you have returned to our hotel several times, and we greatly appreciate your loyalty. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here but think it is worth another review to highlight the how much the staff make staying here so pleasant.
The rooms are large, very comfortable bed , nice and clean . I am a light sleeper so asked for a room not overlooking the busy highway and was given a nice quiet room as requested. All the staff I interacted with from the receptionist, restaurant staff, concierge to the chamber maid were extraordinarily helpful and friendly and their professionalism would put to shame some of the luxury hotels I have been in.
The rooms have a microwave and coffee machine ( that used specific capsules) - but no plates, cups, spoons etc - so I think they should consider providing at least the basics for the guests. Of course when I asked for a bowl, cup etc. , I was quickly given them from the kitchen - but all the same .
Also, I noticed that the menu does not seem to change over the months, and if you are stuck in the hotel in the evenings for a few days due to work, weather ( snow in my case). this is not a positve.
Overall, I can highly recommend the hotel though .

Room Tip: rooms overlooking a the road have a lot of traffic noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rafiki99
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Rafiki99,

Thank for returning to our hotel during your recent business trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you find our rooms to be large and clean and bed to be comfortable. I really appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff, and it's wonderful to hear that you found our team to be extraordinarily helpful and professional. I appreciate your input on potentially adding some more in-room amenities, and it's great our team quickly delivered what you needed. Also, our menu hasn't changed in the past few months, but we frequently have dinner specials, and I will soon be working with our Chef to make some adjustments for a Spring and Summer influenced menu as we finally get out of this cold weather! Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!