“Good hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed here twice and have been more than satisfied both times. I can't speak to the value for money as someone else was paying, but I couldn't fault the service or facilities. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hello Mark T,

Thank you for returning to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences at our hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Rockville!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed at the Garden Inn in Gaithersburg for two nights. The rooms are of good size, everything is very clean. The staff is very friendly and always happy to help. While we were there it was very cold, and the aircon struggled a bit to heat the room. Effectively we had to run it most of the time, which was rather noisy. The gym is very nice and there is a mall just 3 min walk.

Room Tip: rooms facing the courtyard are more quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Stefan B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent trip to the area! We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, very friendly staff, nice gym and convenient location. I'm sorry you experienced an issue with the air unit. We strive to ensure maximum comfort for all of our guests, and we appreciate your input to help ensure that our guests enjoy comfortable, quiet accommodations. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming back you and your family soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Recently stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn, Rockville-Gaithersburg, MD which was a very pleasant experience from check in to check out. Rooms are very clean and comfortable (beds were fantastic) and having free wifi is a huge added bonus. The staff were very friendly and helpful. All staff that we met asked if we had stayed previously and as we hadnt, they always explained what was available - which meant there was no wandering around trying to work out of find things in the hotel. We ate Breakfast each morning which was of a very good quality. Get the impression that alot of Business people use this hotel but is close to several good malls for those not doing business. In all would higly recommend this Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Cloud090,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms, friend and helpful staff and quality breakfast. I'm glad that our staff took great care of you, and we certainly appreciate your recommendation! Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a newer hotel - only 3 years old but it looks like it was just built. Everything looks like it's brand new from the furnishings in the lobby to the rooms. Rooms are well appointed and quiet. I'd live there if I could afford!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Karen W,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent trip to the area! We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and lobby. Though you won't be living here, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I needed to by at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesday, MD for a few days. All of the hotels near the NIH were over $400 a night. We stayed at Hilton Garden Inns before, and though we would try the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockville. It was half the price of the others.

On our way down to the Bethesda/Rockville area, we hit a snowstorrm. They got about 7 inches from the storm that day. We made it to the hotel and stayed there for dinner because of the weather. We had a couple of appetizers (shrimp cocktail and loaded potato chips) followed by a Caprese Flatbread Pizza. It was very good.

Our second night we were exhausted from our day at the NIH, so we again ate dinner at the hotel. We had the Linquini Alfredo and Lobster Linguini. Again, very good.

Overall, the hotel was very clean, the staff very friendly, helpful, and courteous. Everyone made what could have been a very bad trip into one we enjoyed as much as possible.

Hello Keith W,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville, and I'm glad that you made it through the snow storm! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that our team made the visit as enjoyable as it could be for you and your wife. It's great that you found our hotel to be very clean, staff to be friendly and helpful, and food to be very good. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team, and we hope to welcome you and your wife back under different circumstances in the future. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Seemed harder than should have been to check in. Staff not interested in our request to change to different/bigger room, they just suggested we go next door. Light fixture in room did not work when we arrived. Stains on desk. Temp control door was broken. Maintence came right away so this was a plus. Coffee in morning was hard to enjoy with two creamers in total. Did not receive our bill for express check out. Was not notified this was not an option. Was there complimentary wine? Was not sure after seeing the complimentary coffee in morning no one offered us. Thought we would try somewhere other than our very favorite Hampton Inn but this was a big disappointment! The only nice part was when we were leaving and we had a wonderful conversation with the girl at the front desk. Her name was Toni and she really seemed to care. Very professional. She does her job well. it is just too bad she was not there when we checked in. Complimentary breakfast would have been nice.

Room Tip: Not sure you can do that at this location. Stay next door?
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Sue V,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the HGI Rockville. I'm very sorry for the issues you experienced at our hotel. We always do our best to accommodate any request, and I'm sorry that our team did not handle your request with care. I apologize for the issues you experienced in your room. There is no excuse for non-functioning items, but I'm glad our maintenance team addressed quickly. I apologize that we did not communicate our express check-out procedure. We have recently gone completely paperless for check out, and receipts are now emailed. Guests can still obtain a printed copy if desired, and I'm sorry that we did not explain during your arrival. Also, we do not offer complimentary wine, but we do have complimentary coffee available every morning. I apologize again for all the issues you experienced, but I'm very happy to hear that Toni took great care of you. She is an important member of our team, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the excellent service that Toni provided in every facet of our hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. I stayed five nights on business. The first morning the shower knob didn't work properly but once reported was immediately repaired. I would recommend this hotel. Staff very nice. Shuttle available to go to anywhere in a 3 mile radius which was very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Marcia W,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our room to be quiet, clean and comfortable, and it's great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service! I'm sorry for the shower knob issue, but I'm glad we repaired it quickly. Thank you for your recognition of our staff, and we certainly appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon during your next trip to Rockville!