Tripadvisor

Ranked #68 of 504 Restaurants in Rockville
Description: Japanese sushi bar and sake bar
Description: Japanese sushi bar and sake bar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just returned from dining there for the first time. My nigiri assortment was first rate, the best I have had in Montgomery County. I'm eager to return.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Having enjoyed the sushi and diverse sakis here before, this evening was the best yet: primarily for the over- the- top superb service given by Morgan. He was expertly knowledgeable about the entire menu and very attentive throughout our feast.

Love the fresh and friendly ambiance ; young but not trendy vibe; clean and well cared for pottery plates and saki ware. Management ,from the great host who greets you to the actual manager who comes to say goodbye , are memorably wonderful.

Simply just fun and fantastic , especially if you are fortunate to have the adorable Morgan as your menu navigator and server.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 12, 2019 via mobile

Love this sushi spot. I've dined here in the past for dinner and happy hour. Only quality ingredients and the freshest fish served here. Recently stopped by with some friends for happy hour and we ordered the agedashi tofu, takoyaki, dozen season oysters, oyster shooters, seared salmon belly nigiri, some draft beers and green tea shots. Flavor wise everything was seasoned well and portions are great. My friends really liked the tofu, fresh oysters and the seared salmon belly is a must order. They always feature different mochi or sake tastings. I'll definitely be back in the future to try their omakase and sushi rolls. Location wise its very easy to find and the garage features 2 hour free parking. Kusshi has become one of my new favorite sushi happy spots in the area

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 21, 2019

When they first opened, everything was phenomenal. We especially enjoyed the Omakase. But, of late and less than a year after opening, they seem to be coasting a bit. Our “go to” lunch is chirashi. Still a great presentation, but quality is fading. Smaller portions, lower grade fish, and some cuts on the edge of needing a bleach spritzer. Hope they take this review seriously and get back to basics that lead me to rate them five star after they opened.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

If you’re a sushi person - you’ll enjoy the food as much as our party did. My husband and I ordered the salmon teriyaki because we don’t do sushi and it was delicious! The waiter was attentive, the food beautifully displayed. Prices are reasonable. Nice vibe.

Date of visit: August 2019