“Convenient location”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Rockville Metro Station - Red Line
Description: At Oro Pomodoro you will taste the real, authentic Italian cusine, full of flavor and served with passion. Everything from our appetizers to our pasta dishes are prepared using the original recipes, taken from regions, such as Tuscany to Sicily, through Campania to Piemonte. We are proud to be also the first certified "Neapolitan Pizzeria" in Maryland since the recipe of our pizza, from the dough to the toppings, meet all the requirements requested from the European Union. We are proud to bring the real Italy to Rockville! Buon Appetito!
Washington DC
“Convenient location”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food here is consistently good from brunch through dinner. Bar staff is friendly. Service at the tables is quick. There is rarely much of a wait. Restaurant can get a little noisy. Being in the center of Rockville town center means plenty of garage parking and the restaurant will validate your parking, good for 2 hours.

Visited December 2012

“Lack of everything”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Mediocre service, effortless staff, food was lacking in flavor and it took forever . Actually everything took forever, from the drink order to the meal...it felt like they were doing us a favor. Hospitality zero!!!

Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
“Pretty good pizza”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited resturant since we are always trying to find the perfect pizza.
The pizza is wood fired and the crust is thin which is what we like.
Unfortunately the door was wide open that day and it was freezing in there. I asked to have it closed and it took them a while before they complied. Since it was January and cold outside I really didnt see the need for the door to be open at all.
My house salad was very good, dressing was great!
All in all it was not a bad visit, but no sure that we would try it again.

Washington
“Questionable food and lousy service”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our dinner didn't start well, thanks to a host who has a bad attitude. Restaurants should feel welcoming, not give the impression you are putting them out by asking for a table. Service was spotty, including them ignoring my son so we had to ask for water and bringing us the wrong entree. My meal was burnt and I kept finding these had crunchy pieces that I'm guessing were bone chips (I hope!). The non-burnt part had a decent flavor, but it was ruined by randomly finding a burnt section that tasted awful. There's so many restaurant choices here, it's not worth it to pick a place that underperforms. Also, even though there were a number of kids in the restaurant, I would not recommend it for kids. There are no menu options for them.

Oropomodoro, Owner at Oro Pomodoro, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is Biagio Cepollaro and I am one of the owners here at Oro Pomodoro.
I'd like to thank you for your valuable feedback and I am very sorry to hear that your recent experience at our restaurant was completely unsatisfactory. Please accept my apology and a $30 gift certificate that you can use on your next visit. (Simply print this message and ask for me upon your arrival).
Also, I would like to ask you just one thing: when did you visit us? That will help me to better understand who and why performed so poorly.
Please feel free to contact me to further discuss about your experience.
I thank you for your patience and time.
Biagio Cepollaro
Co Owner
Oro Pomodoro
t. 3012511111
e. oroinfo@oropomodoro.com
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Mediocre food at best”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'll keep this short. This place prides itself on its pizza but the crust is extremely soggy. Simply not a good pizza. And the main courses are overpriced for what you get. They've got a convenient location if you're in Rockville Town Square but this just isn't good Italian food. You can get better elsewhere.