New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Congers, New York
“Average stay - not great, not terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night when we needed to be in the area for an early meeting. We were getting in late (11:00 pm) for a morning appointment, and knew that we would really just need a place to sleep, and not spending any time at the hotel. Based on price and reasonable TA reviews, I decided on this hotel. Overall, it's average.

LOCATION: The motel is located in an industrial / office park, so it's relatively quiet in off hours. It also backs up to Interstate 270, so I would have to assume that rooms on that side of the premises would be noisy with traffic sounds.

ROOM: The room itself was okay. The queen room we chose had a fairly recent update (maybe 5 or 6 years ago?) in the bedroom and counter area, but bathroom hadn't been updated in longer than that, and it showed. Although it does look like they've tried to maintain it, the bathroom tile had evidence of mold, and needs to be replaced by now. The bathroom exhaust fan rattled and needed to be replaced. Overall, it was pretty clean, and the bed sheets were good. I was awoken, however, in the middle of the night by a cell phone going off in a neighboring room, so walls are pretty thin. Lucky that I have an easy time gong back to sleep.

SERVICE AND AMENITIES: There is an outdoor pool on site, which was already closed for the season. Check-in and out at the front desk was efficient and friendly, and we were asked if everything was okay during checkout.

BREAKFAST: Upon check-in, we were informed that breakfast was not included as part of our room rate, but could be added for $3 additional per person. We opted for their breakfast, which was okay. Chafing buffet dishes included powdered eggs and sausages, your usual carbs (muffins, croissants, etc.), hard-boiled eggs, sliced oranges, cold cereals and waffles. I guess for $3 it was more than adequate. Missing, though, we decaf tea. I settled for orange juice instead.

VALUE: At less than $90 for the night, including the breakfast, the price was right. Probably one of the cheapest places we've stayed in in a long time, but it showed. Low cost equaled average experience.

All in all, this was just okay. I would only stay here again if in a similar situation, and needed a place for sleeping. Otherwise, I prefer to stay in nicer places for my money, even if I have to pay a little more.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is one of the worst places I have stayed. I booked a room for a month while waiting to complete my home purchase. The room they promised was not the room we got. They informed us (the day we moved out of our rental and was in route to the hotel) that our room was not ready and would not be ready until the next week. After complete panic and argument we were put in another room on the bottom floor which was dirty with the wall paper pealing off of the wall. The carpet looked like it had not been cleaned in forever. The walls were paper thin and you can hear everything from your neighbors. You have no control of changing from AC or heat - which neither worked when we checked in - you can ONLY have either AC or Heat - forget if its 80 degrees in the day and the temp falls at night! You have to beg everyday for wash cloths and towels. The laundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers two of each do not work! After checking into the room with the hopes to be in the room we wanted in one week we were then told our room would not be ready for TWO weeks!! This place is awful!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jade_MSN_13
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Here is the breakdown in simple terms. All opinions are unbiased and completely free of any political influence and hatred.

Pros:
1. Friendly customer service
2. Breakfast (Not Free)
3. David the manager was friendly and accommodating
4. Flat-screen televisions in the rooms with DVD player
5. MP3 Player and mini sound system
6. Outdoor pool (Did Not Use)
7. Cable plus additional channels
8. Easy access to Point of Interests in the Area like Corporate Offices and Restaurants
9. In Hotel Grill
10. Mini Mart in Hotel

Cons:
1. Old Worn Out Room Structure
2. Bathroom Needs Grouting and Caulking around Tub-Surrounds and Toilet Base
3. Chipping Wallpapers in Hallways and Guestrooms
4. Missing Items and False Advertising on Hotels.com Under "All Included In the Room" Section
5. Old in Room A/C & Heat Unit Looks Worn Out.
6. Confusing Exterior Corridor To Getting Into and Out of the Rooms
7. Orange-Brown Rusting in Tub
8. Chipping Microwave in But Clean Refrigerator
9. Hair on Bed But There Was Only One.
10. Uncomfortable Mattresses Lost My Sleep. :(

Not the best hotel in Maryland but only good for two days. Otherwise all up to you ladies and gentlemen. E. Ratanji

Room Tip: Choose Rooms In The Back For A good Night's Rest. Pool Side is Also Okay
2 Thank Yash M
Preston, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for just 1 night for business......"T. Bone" and Natallia greeted me with smiles and pleasant attitude. That was a great 1st impression after driving a 1 1/2 hours :) I enjoyed my wings & beer in the Rock Griile & Bar before I turned in for the night. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and my wake up call was right on time. Oh, thanks T.Bone for the use of your charger!! I returned it to the front desk during check out.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room in the back of the hotel - you can hear the noise from the traffic A...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Quality Suites Hotel helped our International Government Organization host two events in the past month.
They provided meals, rooms and space for conferences for about 50 officers... and helped us make sure that all of their guests had everything they needed for a good experience in the USA and in their hotel.
Michelle and Paula did an excellent job!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My uncle had recommended this hotel from when he stayed here 20 years ago. I had read several reviews that weren't that great. Our room is awesome; clean, roomy, kitchen, internet, parking, living area as well as bedroom. Free shuttle to transit. We feel like we died and went to heaven after some of the places we have stayed in. I would come again.

• Stayed October 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was very pleased when I checked in and seen my room wasnt just a little box. My room smelled good and was clean. The shower had a nice shelf I could put my products on. Also wifi worked fine. I plan on comming back!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo