“Good food and Friendly staff”
Review of Urban Bar-B-Que

Urban Bar-B-Que
Ranked #283 of 416 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I now frequent on a regulare basis as it is close to home and always an enjoyable meal.
Great meat plates and sauces.
Oh, and Tony rocks behind the bar!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

the house salad with pulled pork is excellent for someone watching the calories. the salad is always fresh and the barbecue is the best around!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have tried all of their sides and don't go back because I don't like any of them. The do a good job with meats and sauces. I used to love their sausages but they changed those. I like the combo for meat, but I avoid it because the sides are awful.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This use to be Urban Burgers I asked one of the owners Dave about the changes an he was honest and told me it was a business decision for the place was to bing for a burger joint as this is largest of their locations. The new decor still has all the Navy memorabilia that belong to the owners father. the very friendly owner told me his wife decorated and had done all the design logos his daughters waitress so it Is a family success story the menu gives you a little background on how Lee and Dave were working as Chef in two Georgetown restaurants until they decided to mortgage their house and take a risk.I have eaten more than ten times here since the open since it is very close to my home. The new bar is a great place to watch games during football season the ribs, burgers, chili are my favorites. My husband likes the beef and pork BQ. Only dish we are not crazy about is the Urban legend not my thing.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I used to love having a quick burger here. Can't beat the quality! However, after the remodel and change to Urban BBQ, I don't like the place nearly as much. I can't order just a burger, have to pay for a side dish that I don't really want. Also, have to sit at a table and wait for the staff to come and serve you - not nice and informal like before. Even the decor is not as good as before; it looks too "industrial" now. Why change a good thing? The old place, even without the BBQ menu, was a lot nicer. They could have just added BBQ to the menu and kept everything else the same. The other locations are adopting the menu changes, too, and I just don't agree with it. It was a 5-star place before this. I won't come here as often.

1  Thank LGfoodnut