“Tasty tapas and sangrias”

Botanero Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Sun, 7/21
8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #16 of 489 Restaurants in Rockville
Description: Small plates restaurant and bar located in the King Farm neighborhood of Rockville, Maryland.
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This is a popular neighborhood spot with wonderful staff and tasty tapas. The menu is small, but varied. The Brussels sprouts are particularly tasty. Love their sangrias.There is a small al fresco area which is great for people watching and lounging with your favorite canine. There are even treats for Fido.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

I dined here for a large gathering so I was not able to experience all its delights. We were served fixed courses in waves. The dining areas were loud but airy. The staff were very efficient and cordial. The food was tasty and well-prepared with imaginative options - such as the flatbread and kale salads- as well as traditional items-braised short ribs and lamb skewers. All the dishes were served tapas style. I look forward to coming back and experiencing the more traditional restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Family wanted have brunch somewhere near and when we went here the place wasn’t too crowded. This was our first time. I liked the inside it had a nice atmosphere and was pretty clean. The service was friendly but not too in your face which was nice. It seemed that everyone there was enjoying their food/ cocktails.
For appetizers we really enjoyed the fried brussel sprouts, the winner of the entire meal. Fried calamari was good too. Falafel was too salty though. I ordered the crab cake eggs benedict which I enjoyed and the portion was generous. The potatoes that came with it were really good too. Somebody ordered the steak and eggs which I think isn’t worth it for the price due to small portion but I sneaked a bite and it was pretty tasty. Somebody also ordered the brunch biscuit burger which was huge. For this though they cooked it well-done as opposed to the medium that was requested. We had a child in our party and they had the mac and cheese (also really tasty) and ice cream for the kid’s menu.
Overall we had a pleasant time, though some improvements still need to be made. We will most likely return to try their other brunch offerings.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 26, 2019

My wife and I ate here for the 1st time. They describe their plates as "small plates", but I think of them as Tapas. No matter, every dish we had was great, and we shared all of them: Lamb, Flatbread with bacon and cheeses, ceviche and the flaming shrimp, which they set aflame at the table. For dessert, we had the Tres-Leches - which was smaller in height than others I've had at other places, but that didn't stop it from being one of the best I've ever had. One of the whines I tried, which was unexpectedly delightful was the EGEO VERDEJO 2016, from Spain. The do have some outdoor seating, but tonight wasn't the night for it. Parking is convenient and close. We'll definitely return

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 6, 2019

The dishes were great, and our server was nice and helpful, but not very attentive. The atmosphere was cozy, and our family enjoyed the meal.

Date of visit: February 2019