“Best Lunch in a long time!”
Review of Thai Pavilion

Thai Pavilion
Ranked #114 of 418 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went as a group of 20 for lunch. The staff was very accommodating and the food was absolutely delicious. I'm already getting hungry just thinking about writing this review. The location was in a nice upscale location surrounded by many condos/apartments and shopping area. Seemed to be newly developed area. The menu had tons of option, so it perfect for going back over and over again. The staff service was quick and excellent. The beverage service never stopped, the food came quick and hot. We thorough enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place is in the Rockville Town Center, not to be confused with New Orleans' French Quarter or San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. The restaurant has a contemporary look. Since I like spicy food, I got something spicy and really liked it. It's right next to the Rockville Library, which is one reason we went there. Several of the other original restaurants in the Center have closed but this one is still going strong. So they must be doing something right.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I went to Thai Pavillion for a b'day dinner with my girl friends - the restaurant is beautiful with contemporary decor, totally loved it! The menu is similar to most Thai restaurs in the U.S., the food was delicious, portion sizes were good and the price was reasonable. The host and servers were extremely welcoming and professional! Definitely go there again!!

1  Thank origins80
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am rating soley on my Musaman curry (my significant other got peppery garlic beef also really good) & this place has the best I've found in MD/DC since I returned from Thailand. I read some complaints about service but we have dined in and taken out, and had a great experience each time. Every time we have been there (3 times/ dined in 2) it has been crowded and energetic.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Service - HORRIBLE! TERRIBLE! I saw someone in another review said they were very unaccommodating, IT'S TRUE! Even the waiter (bald headed white guy) was very rude. We asked for more lettuce for the wrap because they gave us so little, and the server said he will see what he can do. Seriously? For lettuce??? I then see him go over to a lady (whom I assume is his boss) and they talk back and forth for awhile until he goes back to the kitchen and comes out with ONE LETTUCE! Let me add that the lettuce they use are small, fits on your palm. He puts it down, don't say anything and walk away. I tried getting his attention but he won't look my way but instead caters to the table next to me. Finally the table next to me sees that I been waiting and tells him for the nth time they are fine but they think I needed his help. I ask him if I can just pay for a plate of lettuce so I can get more, and he gives me the most annoyed face and walks away. He goes to the same lady and I can literally hear her saying things in an extremely annoyed voice like, "What??? We don't sell just a plate of lettuce! I don't have time for this, just give it to them!" And then he comes back with 3 pieces.

So I gave up on my hopes of having lettuce but at this point in time my table still did not receive the drinks. They gave us appetizers, no drink, and every time he came back about the lettuce issue, we reminded him of the drinks. When he came back with the 3 pieces of lettuce we asked him again, and THEN he finally got it. I wasn't too happy when we got our food either... it was average! The service was so bad that the table next to us noticed and commented to us that he was being extremely rude to us just for asking for more lettuce. (this is the couple that he tended so much to.) I seriously laughed when they left him a tip, some spare coins from their change. I still left him a 12% tip though...and that's the minimum I leave when I have bad service.

Food - Barely AVERAGE! Nothing special. You can probably make it at home if you tried.

Value - Price was average versus other Thai restaurants, but food quality and price didn't match up well for me.

Atmosphere - Well, it looked nice inside.

I seriously would NEVER go here again. It's just not worth it.