All reviews late arrival first floor bug spray breakfast items room was clean amazing breakfast every morning look forward get away gallery judith jewelry bnb miller yard bikes owner
Reviewed September 6, 2016

We spent a fun August weekend at Haven Point Inn and Gallery and were totally satisfied with our stay. Judith Miller was an excellent hostess from the minute we arrived. She prepared a fresh gourmet breakfast, well-prepared, and delicious, served in the gallery amongst her artwork. Loved the Egg Shakshuka and Breakfast Casserole, customized for my vegetarian preferences! Every morning she made a fresh pot of coffee, different from the day before. Our room was modern, crisp in color, and very comfortable. She provided touring bikes, which we utilized to tour Rock Hall, checking out galleries, restaurants, shops, and waterfront. Judith was the perfect hostess and we will hope to return for another seasonal weekend. Thank you!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Judith M, Owner at Haven Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a terrific review! We sure are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the sights and things to do in Rock Hall. Come back again please. We'll look forward to it!

Reviewed August 10, 2016

There are four rooms in a building above a small artist gallery. Rooms are new, modern and comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely outstanding, and is served at a large table in the middle of the gallery space, so it was lovely to look at the photos, paintings, jewelry and handmade gifts as we waited for breakfast. Excellent place to stay in picturesque Rock Hall, MD. Beautiful gardens and bunnies on the lawn made my day!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Judith M, Owner at Haven Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Thank you so very much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. Please come back and visit us again in beautiful Rock Hall!

Reviewed August 5, 2016

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Haven Point Inn and Gallery for four nights in July 2016. I traveled alone and wanted a safe, clean, quiet place to stay. Booking online was easy and I received confirmation from Proprietor, Judith Miller, very quickly. Between the time I booked and I traveled I had several questions which I emailed to Judith and which she patiently answered. Judith’s assistance choosing a room at Haven Point Inn, as well as her responses to my travel questions, were very helpful. When I arrived, Judith welcomed me, gave me a tour of the grounds, and the gallery, (where breakfast is served), pointed out all the bicycles for guests’ use, gave me a choice of breakfast times and dishes, took my breakfast order, and showed me to my room.

I was pleased when we entered the room where I would stay. Judith made sure the room was cooled prior to my arrival. The room and bathroom were spotless and smelled like new construction (very good). Judith explained the amenities and left me to myself to enjoy the quiet. My room looked out the back of Haven Point Inn over a park-like yard and garden.

After a restful sleep on a very comfortable mattress and between really comfortable sheets, I went down to the gallery and helped myself to the large carafe of really good hot coffee. With my first cup of coffee I walked around the gallery and looked at the artwork on the walls, as well as the ceramics, textiles, and jewelry on display. Judith served my breakfast, Shakshuka, a flavorful dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, peppers, and onions, which she garnished with fresh spices, picked from her garden. The dish was so good, I ordered it four days in a row and enjoyed each day with cup after cup of coffee. While I was alone for breakfast the first morning, the following two mornings there were other guests at the farm table in the gallery. I enjoyed meeting the other travelers and hearing their stories.

A must see for nature and wildlife lovers in Rock Hall is Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge. Bring binoculars and your camera. It is flat and great for bike riding. There are seven trails, two of which are wheel chair accessible. There are four miles of paved roads on which bikes are permitted. Bug spray, which Judith put out for guests, is recommended in the summer at the Refuge.

There are restaurants within walking distance of Haven Point Inn and the beach is a two minute drive. Sunsets are a must see at the beach. One evening I took a sunset cruise on a sailboat which boards five minutes drive from Haven Point Inn. Rock Hall has quaint eateries, as well as larger emporiums where visitors can enjoy seafood, among other things, at water’s edge. I especially enjoyed Java Rock which has fresh salads, sandwiches, as well as ice cream, wine, beer, greeting cards, and gifts. The towns people who work at Java Rock are very friendly as are the local residents who drop in regularly. Across the street from Java Rock is The Hickory Stick, a fun boutique and great place to visit if you need to bring home gifts.

I heartily recommend staying at Haven Point Inn and Gallery when you are in Rock Hall. I was amazed when I returned home from my stay in Rock Hall because I could not remember when I was ever so relaxed on returning home. I would not hesitate to stay at Haven Point Inn and Gallery again if I return to Rock Hall. Thank you Judith for providing the safe, clean, and quiet space I needed. Haven Point Inn and Gallery completely met my expectations.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Review_of_Karen
Judith M, Owner at Haven Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Thank you so very much for spending the time to write such a wonderful review! I thank you and the darling town of Rock Hall thanks you.

Please return to us again for more Eastern Shore hospitality.

Reviewed November 30, 2015

My parents and I spent the weekend here last August and we LOVED it...the rooms are so clean and nice and it is very quiet.....the owner went above and beyond for us and the breakfasts were AWESOME....we loved it so much we already booked a weekend for next year!!!!

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed November 1, 2015

Spent two nights at Haven Point. Room was clean, comfortable, well appointed. Breakfasts were excellent, especially the Breakfast Casserole. Judith is an excellent hostess. I can just imagine how wonderful this place is during the summer high season.

Date of stay: October 2015