“weekend get away”

Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Rock Hall
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Harbor Shack offers a diverse menu of Local seafood, steaks, burgers, sandwiches and Mexican fare. Whether it's ribs, Rib eye or Rock fish we serve it up delicious. We offer full lunch and dinner menu from 11:30 am til close. The bar stays open longer than the kitchen. The kitchen hours vary by season and day. The restaurant hours provided here are for the kitchen serving food. We provide priority seating reservations. Come dine with us on the Rock Hall Harbor by car or by boat. Air conditioned main dinning, open air waterfront and deck dinning.Casual and fun with seasonal live entertainment Great dock bar and good food. Check our website for hours of operation.
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“weekend get away”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The last time we traveled to Harbor Shack we drove our boat up to their dock and had lunch, we decided to try it again this time. We were not disappointed. Good selection for "lunch" foods, sandwiches, soups, etc. The view is great from the outside tables, especially during sundown.

Visited October 2012

Dover, Delaware
“What a treat!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I took my Mom there for her birthday and wanted to try somrwhere different so we ended up at the Harbor Shack! We had an excellent bartender, a great seat at the outdoor bar ,the best food and beautiful weather! We started with the crab pretzel and then had the shrimp salad wrap-the best food that I have had in a long time! Beautiful view from the outdoor bar and deck!

• Visited September 2012
Omaha
“It's ok not great”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were told that this was the best place to eat in Rock Hall. We thought that the food was ok, crab cakes were ground up crab that were fried. The beers were cheap. The staff were nice and pretty attentive. Probably won't be back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JoRoOmaha
Baltimore, Maryland
“Go for the bar and dancing, eat somewhere else!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This establishment definitely has local color. Right on the water. Lots of catchy sayings on placks all over the walls. You've seen them before. The bar is hopping on weekend nights and they often have good bands. They draw an eclectic crowd, from local watermen to yachty types from the marinas. Young, old, or in between, you will be able to fit in. The bouncers (usually) keep everything and everyone in check. Now for the bad news. The food is really mediocre. I have never ordered anything that I would want to get again. Fish sandwiches, crab cakes, salads, pasta, and Mexican. All unremarkable. I would recommend that you get the most basic food if you must eat here. Better yet, eat somewhere else and come for the music and a drink.

Wrightsville, Pennsylvania
“WORST SERVICE EVER EXPERIENCED!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We visited Harbor Shack in Rock Hall MD for our anniversary. The inn we were staying at had recommended it, so we figured we would try it. The service was HORRENDOUS and food was awful as well, the shrimp tasted like plastic!

We first ordered two beers and asked for an orange. The waitress shook her head and said " I never heard of anyone getting an orange with that, " with an attitude and that was strike one, we just looked at each other because that was very unnecessary! We then ordered spinach artichoke dip for our appetizer, and it was awful, but we didn't complain. I had ordered a ceasar salad with blackened shrimp. I had made sure it could be blackened and the server said that was fine. My boyfriend got some sort of jambalaya appetizer as his meal, because we weren't super hungry. ( it was $8 and the size of a side dish.) He said it was not good at all either, but ate it anyways because he doesn't complain.

When I got my ceasar salad it had 4 shrimp on it and you couldn't taste or see the dressing whatsoever. The shrimp was not seasoned or blackened whatsoever. When the server FINALLY came back she asked how everything was, I was very polite and explained that the ceasar salad was not what I expected and was wondering if I could look at the menu and order something else, when I said that she rudely stated I've never heard of anyone complaining about a ceasar salad before!," again with an attitude. Mid sentence of me again politely explaining to her why ( I had told her I ordered it blackened, and it wasn't seasoned,) She stormed off and yelled ( yes I mean YELLED) "IT WAS A SKEWER ON A SALAD, YOU DON'T NEED IT BLACKENED!" At this point I was furious! I am a server myself and would NEVER treat a guest like that.

She came back and literally threw the menu on the table. I said "You know what, I don't need anything else thank you." And I got up and went straight to the management. That night being our anniversary, I did not want her to get away with treating us like that. I told the manager what had happened, and although she was apologetic, she only took the salad off the bill and charged us for everything else. It seemed that this was a common problem because she was not surprised when I showed her who our server was. I was surprised that after seeing how upset I was and explaining it was our first time there and that it was our anniversary she did not do anything more than that. We will NEVER go back! DO NOT GO THERE unless you want horrible food and the worst service you'll experience.

• Visited August 2012