“Best French toast ever........”
Review of The Kitchen at Rock Hall - CLOSED

The Kitchen at Rock Hall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Yes, I know, its just breakfast, right?

Well, if their French toast is any indication of the rest of the food coming out of The Kitchen, you are in for a well deserved treat. Café Du Monde in New Orleans would be challenged to beat this meal for taste.

By the reviews I have read here, others have had the same experience. Alas, as I am allergic to shellfish, I will never be able to try to crab cakes that everyone raves about.

The atmosphere is somewhat plain and understated. Our food was served by high school or early college girls that are either related to the owners, or friends.

But the food is, in a word, Amazing.

Rock Hall is a nice bay town, and the Kitchen at Rock Hall is the dining find of the Eastern Shore.

2  Thank nupi235

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

A follow up to my earlier review. We returned to The Kitchen on Sep 6, 2013 for a celebratory meal. It was excellent yet again. This is a treasure in Rock Hall. You have to spend a little more money here, but it is so worth it! Don't hesitate. The crab cakes are worthy of the highest praise. And, the welcoming attitude of the staff is so refreshing. They are willing to take the time to be gracious.

1  Thank Darbycllare
Reviewed September 6, 2013

You will treated to the best Crab Cakes on the Eastern Shore. Hands down, we have had cakes around here for years and these are one of the best.
Small cute place in the center of Rock Hall that is definitely worth the visit. Their Cream of Crab soup has a little kick but isn't overly rich or salty like so many. And no Old Bay. While I love Old Bay I don't like it in my Cream of Crab.
We will be going here again soon!

1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After a great lunch experience, I went back with a group of six for dinner. The meal was exceptional. We had a good sampling of appetizers, entrees, and deserts. The pan fried oysters were perfectly done. The braised lamb shank, Arctic char, steaks, all well prepared. The filets were some of the most flavorful and tender I have ever had. The best was the crab cakes. I have lived on the eastern shore of MD for 15 years and have had my share of good crab cakes. These were by far the best. If you are traveling to Maryland's eastern shore and are looking for a memorable meal, I can't recommend the Kitchen more highly.

1  Thank Aileron
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at this restaurants. Yes! The reviews are great.. but based on the size of the town and the options available... we couldn't have been happier with the meal. The restaurant is very small, only about 17 seats. We were lucky to get a table for dinner at 5pm and that was only because there had been a cancellation.

Love love love - Fried Green Tomato with Mozzarella & also the Crap Dip
Died over the Crap Cakes. - Probably some of the best we've ever had.
Ceasar Salad - yummy - It had a very light dressing that was very different from other ceasar dressings that I've had.

The worst of the best was the crab soup with roasted corn. It was very good but if I had to pick, it wasn't as great as everything else.

Overall - Amazing!