“Crabcakes!!!!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

You will treated to the best Crab Cakes on the Eastern Shore. Hands down, we have had cakes around here for years and these are one of the best.
Small cute place in the center of Rock Hall that is definitely worth the visit. Their Cream of Crab soup has a little kick but isn't overly rich or salty like so many. And no Old Bay. While I love Old Bay I don't like it in my Cream of Crab.
We will be going here again soon!

1  Thank Tom P
There are newer reviews for The Kitchen at Rock Hall

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After a great lunch experience, I went back with a group of six for dinner. The meal was exceptional. We had a good sampling of appetizers, entrees, and deserts. The pan fried oysters were perfectly done. The braised lamb shank, Arctic char, steaks, all well prepared. The filets were some of the most flavorful and tender I have ever had. The best was the crab cakes. I have lived on the eastern shore of MD for 15 years and have had my share of good crab cakes. These were by far the best. If you are traveling to Maryland's eastern shore and are looking for a memorable meal, I can't recommend the Kitchen more highly.

1  Thank Aileron
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at this restaurants. Yes! The reviews are great.. but based on the size of the town and the options available... we couldn't have been happier with the meal. The restaurant is very small, only about 17 seats. We were lucky to get a table for dinner at 5pm and that was only because there had been a cancellation.

Love love love - Fried Green Tomato with Mozzarella & also the Crap Dip
Died over the Crap Cakes. - Probably some of the best we've ever had.
Ceasar Salad - yummy - It had a very light dressing that was very different from other ceasar dressings that I've had.

The worst of the best was the crab soup with roasted corn. It was very good but if I had to pick, it wasn't as great as everything else.

Overall - Amazing!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We knew we needed a reservation but we were on a sunset sail charter and couldn't pinpoint the exact time. The owner was wonderful and so flexible about our reservation time. The meal was the perfect ending for our anniversary celebration. The house salad would be considered a specialty salad anywhere else. And the crab cakes were the best we've had. Too bad we were too full for dessert. We recommend this to anyone visiting this area and we will be back!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Kitchen is not only a wonderful local restaurant but could be compared to any top restaurant anywhere. We have yet to be disappointed with a breakfast, lunch or dinner! The freshly baked scones are unbelievable, I may become addicted to the BALT sandwich, and my whole family has proclaimed the crab dip and crab cakes the best anywhere! And of course dinner would not be complete without the delicious chocolate bread pudding and homemade ice cream. If you are anywhere near Rock Hall do not miss! Oh, and I didn't even get to the amazing service! The owners are so friendly and take w ell deserved pride in their wonderful spot!