“Great food with a unique atmosphere”
Review of The Kitchen at Rock Hall - CLOSED

The Kitchen at Rock Hall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I ate at The Kitchen with other members of our biking tour. The food was absolutely delicious. The atmosphere is like eating in someone's kitchen. The service was a little lacking due to one server for the entire place. Our group all came within minutes of each other. We had a reservation so maybe an extra hand could have helped out the over busy server. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or return to The Kitchen.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a teeny tiny place with just a few tables. So it's a lot like eating in your kitchen. Okay, it's a little more formal than that, but you get the idea.

The food is good! I had the crabcakes. I was in Maryland for a week, so I ate a lot of crabcakes. These were the best. I also had the mushroom and polenta appetizer. That was just supurb. My wife loved her meal. We also found a nice bottle of wine on the list to go with our food.

Our server was pretty good, but was maybe a little on the brusk side. Not rude or anything. Just not quite right. I think she maybe was one of the owners. There was also a mix-up on the bill. That was politely and quickly fixed. But it really shouldn't happen in such a small room. It's not that hard to keep track.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Visited Rock Hall area on a quiet Easter Weekend and decided to try this local restaurant in the heart of this small but quaint town. We basically had the restaurant to ourselves which gave us the opportunity to chat with the chef and waitress before, during and after our meal. They were very nice to us and the food was delicious. The Rockfish special was excellent as were the crabcakes. We also enjoyed oysters and a nice bottle of white wine. No room for desserts but they sounded awesome. Would go back in a flash.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were passing through Rock Hall, and checked the reviews of the local restaurants. Based on great reviews, we stopped by The Kitchen at Rock Hall for lunch, and had a wonderful meal and great service. The old bank building was a real treat. I'd like to come back during a time when they're seating outside.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Kitchen was small, like eating in someone's kitchen. It was intimate. Boy was the food good!
The crab soup was delicious and very fresh. The crab cakes were a joy to my taste buds. Loaded with back-fin and not too spicy - perfect. Owner/Chef was very friendly and so was the waitress.
It's hard to believe that a place this good would be in a tiny remote town on the Eastern Shore, but it is and was well worth the two and a half hour trip.

1  Thank PATravelnut