“Favorable Super Good Food. Warm and Welcoming”

Wheelhouse Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Rock Hall
Description: Wheelhouse Restaurant is the newest addition to the food and drink scene. Docked right on the Chesapeake Bay, this trendy nautical hot spot provides farm-fresh food, fun and games, and a scenic overlook that will overall contribute to that warm and fuzzy summer feeling…all year long!
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

I walked through through the door and was surprised by the instantly warm feeling I had. I really just wanted to cozy up to the bar and learn the skinny from the locals. However my husband was hungry so we were quickly seated. Bryn and Scott Ponti are the hands on owners of the restaurant. Bryn took care of us. As you all know from my reviews, I am super fussy about my drink of choice. When there wasn’t quite enough sweet vermouth to my liking, she brought the bottle to thr table and said Say When. Who does that? I gave us time to chat for a moment and place out order. The menu is varied. There was an evening special. I wasn’t hungry so I choose the Crab and Asparagus Dip. This was the Best!! ever. full of flavor.
Doug’s Choice was Shrimp Scampi was served with 6 Gulf sized Shrimp. Kudos to Chef Kayla Price. She came our to meet us. So wonderful to meet her and share face to face how much we appreciate her. White table clothes , which I love,and don’t let the outside appearance give you pause. Super wonderful experience. Loved it

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed January 4, 2019

Since opening up in late spring, my group of family and friends have dined at The Wheelhouse probably over 20 times. We just love it! The fun atmosphere to the unique but also having standard fare menu are just part of what makes it a must try place. The outdoor seating, tiki bar and yard games make it a fun place for singles, couples or families! Football Sundays and trivia night (Thursdays) also add to the fun that the Wheelhouse has brought to Rock Hall. The staff at the Wheelhouse makes anyone (locals, vacationers and weekenders) feel welcome.
Definitely recommend!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This restaurant reopened at the same location as the previous Swan Point Inn. This was our first visit and we were not disappointed. We came with 2 other couples via boat to Haven Harbor Marina. This is a short walk there, so no need for the shuttle, but there is one available through Blue Crab Crawler, if needed. The menu has numerous tasty options. I chose the Seared Grouper over Risotto special and it was delicious. My husband had the Wheelhouse Burger and it was huge and juicy. They are off to a great start and we will come back once we are in the area again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We were here over Pirates & Wenches weekend, so expected all restaurants to be crazy busy. We ended up with a very early dinner reservation, since there were a bunch of us. We were gladly accommodated although in hind sight we could have been seated a bit later than we were, since the inside restaurant was not filled up. But we were given a nice long table, and greeted but wonderful staff. Everyone was so friendly.

The food was delicious and served hot and efficiently. We ate leisurely and never felt like we were being rushed on our way.

After dinner we went outside, where the Tiki bar is, and where there are picnic tables for outdoor eating. There was a band playing out in the yard, and there were a bunch of comfortable lawn chairs strewn about. There was a setup of “yard pong” which we enjoyed for several hours. It was really fun playing and relaxing and listening to the band. Very different from our usual experience. We were finally forced to leave at the edge of darkness when the monster mosquitos descended to feast on us!

Hubby and I even went back the very next day, when they had two guys shucking fresh oysters. A much better option than eating the junk food served at the P&W beach party.

One recommendation I would make to the ownership (if they read this) is to attend to the poison ivy down in the corner at the end of the yard pong area. Just a couple small plants, but we must have retrieved the ball from that area a dozen times.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Visited the wheel house for the first time. As a yearly traveler to Rock Hall this was a much needed change of pace. Food was excellent with unique choices. Staff friendly.
Nice distant view of Gratitude Marina. Convenient to the trolley stop. It was raining so I did not get to enjoy the deck and lawn activities. A reason to return.
Will definitely be back