“It is what it is”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Annapolis, Maryland
“It is what it is”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Well I guess as I'm a local to the area that Mikes in Riva is in I just accept it for what it is, A CRAB HOUSE! Is the food spectacular, NO, is the service great, No, "except at the bar", are the crabs local, Sadly NO. Mikes however does have a great location and a nice beer selection, "which matters lots", and is a great place to pull up on the boat as long as you have already made peace with average food and medioca service. If you have already made peace with that then you will be sure to have a good time. One thing for sure about Mikes though is that you can get crabs there in the height of winter when you are jonesing for summer the most, and for that I'm glad that Mikes is alive and well.

Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Seafood!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

There are many places in or near Annapolis that advertise great seafood but fail to deliver on their advertisement; not so with Mikes! The lobster and crabs are truly OUTSTANDING and the service matches the quality of the food. A surprise entree that was out of this world were their pork chops; a great selection for everyone that may have any shell fish intolerance. The wait staff is "spot on" in all aspects-professional,courteous and personable. The Monday night specials are a super buy, quality food with truly insanely economical pricing!

Greenville, South Carolina
“A seafood favorite of mine for 39 years”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have lived and traveled to the Annapolis, Md area for nearly 40 years. Mike's is always on the top of my list for a supper. Clearly the freshest seafood available. This latest visit I was in the mood for "piss clams", or "steamers" which you can only find at certain restaurants on the coast. I had three orders of these clams, along with a seafood platter that was perfectly cooked. I chose my broiled rather than fried and it was very good. The specialty of Mike's is the blue crab, that is priced by the dozen and size. I am not very patient to partake of these wonderful shellfish, but, clearly, a majority of people come to Mikes for the crabs. I personally like all the rest of their seafood, so, it will continue to be one of my favorite seafood restaurants anywhere in the world. The ambiance of being right on the water, a bit in the countryside, just adds to the allure of this iconic restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Keedysville, Maryland
“Check your bill carefully”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

They charged us $20 for a pitcher of Guinness and when we pointed out that we'd only shared one glass, costing $4.95, the server offered us $10 cash in return (the credit card had already gone through). When we pointed out that 1 glass of beer shouldn't cost $10, the server offered us another $5 cash. YOU DO THE MATH. 20 minutes spent on this issue, until the manager ran the credit card again with the entire $20 taken off our bill.

Food, ok. We had the broiled haddock meal and it tasted a bit too fishy and crumbly, and lacking in seasoning. Baked potato was perfect. Salad bar war fresh.

Visited November 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“'Must visit' for all seafood lovers”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Recently in the area for a week and kept going back. The crab cakes are all around the area are outstanding but I genuinely thought these were the best, especially when there was a 'special' of 2 crab cakes for the price of one. A monday night special was a fresh. good sized lobster, cream crab soup, a couple of pints of Guinness and all for £24 - quality and the best value I have had for many many years. Not a stuffy place just good food! Visit - you will not be disappointed.