“Everybody Likes Mike's”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I don't eat meat, so good seafood is a big deal for me. And, Mike's is a big deal for seafood. Very generous portions, well-prepared. LOVE their plump, sweet fried clams -- best in Maryland, I'd say.
The addition of a good salad bar is a real health plus. Outdoor waterfront dining includes under canopy (great for not so great weather) or open-air seating. Have been there many times, as I live in Annapolis. Took my picky sister for her birthday; she loved her meal, too. We both left with take-home portions. Service is always good. Super-busy on weekends, though, especially when weather is warm. Go. Eat. Get full. Be happy!

There are newer reviews for Mike's Restaurant & Crab House

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The person on the front-desk of the hotel we stayed at recommended Mike's for good seafood and we were very pleased. The location is very nice, overlooking the water. My wife and I both had broiled seafood dishes and they were very good. We arrived early enough on a Friday evening to be seated right away. Our service was fine and prices were reasonable.

We were pleased with everything and would definitely go here again if we lived in the area.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Me and my his eaten here over the pass 12 years. But the pass few years things change. We stop going anytime after 7 pm on the week days. The last week day we went was on 9/27/2012. What happen to us was the new breed of people that had name tags on that was eating there when me and my wife came there. They was not so nice blocking the walk way talking, my wife lift the bathroom and could not get pass these people talking to each other they was all over the place eating standing up blocking other walk ways. My wife ask these people can she get pass to go, to her table 4 times and they just look at her and kelp on talking. I got up said to the group of people my wife is trying to get to her table please let her pass they look at me so I walk in between then and grab my wife hand and pull her through. Making sure no touch her or got mart with us. 2 of the waiters said to me sorry for what happen. This has happen to few others that was not with this group. The manager let this group get way with being not so nice to others and did nothing. The pricing went up on the crabs $116.00 for 24 of them to. All so on the deck there drinks was in these small paper cups the waiters had to come back 4 times for drinks refill. What happen to bigger glasses. After what here we will never eat at Mike's again.
I found a place in Baltimore called G&M they have some very good crab cakes.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our hotel enthusiastically recommended Mikes, so we decided to try it. It was a beautiful day so we ate outside with views of the Potomac. We enjoyed watching the boats go past and seeing the ones at the restaurant dock. We tried the soft shell crab, fresh hot spicy and delicious. Great service, our waitperson timed each course very well and checked with us often. The crab cakes were huge and delicious and the beer, cold. We had a fun afternoon. If you like fish or seafood in a rustic setting, you'll love Mikes!.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have been here a few times bc friends like it and if you eat crabs maybe its the place to go. On the most recent visit i had the salad bar, crab soup and haddock. The Haddock is a HUGE portion easily 2 people can eat from it. However it lacked flavor and was very dry. The crab soup was not good at all. Tasted like it was from a can had a slightly sweet taste to it and very little crab in it. On the upside the waitress was very friendly and it is a nice family friendly atmosphere and on the water.