“Doing Better - but still disappointing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spinnakers Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Ridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed July 10, 2014

So this is a beautiful setting, and the restaurant was re-built after Hurricane Isabelle. But the restaurant has been through more managers and cooks than we can possibly track. We never know whether to go there, because we don't know whether it will be the last lousy version, or possibly a better one. SO check the dates of the reviews for this one.

We went a couple of weeks ago - to give it "another chance". It was better than the last, which was good. The food was quite good, and the menu is more varied than in the last couple of iterations. Our waitress was, in fact, wonderful - although her colleagues were terrible. One woman was too busy with her table, and when she took our order for drinks, she never delivered them.

My greatest complaint right now is something that they can SURELY address: For years now, the outdoors deck, with a beautiful view, has been mosquito-infested. We bring our own insect repellant - and the restaurant consistently offers it. But isn't there something that they can DO? Also, the sun hits one pretty hard in the early evening - how about some umbrellas on the tables?

We would encourage people to go to Spinnakers, because it is local, and at a marina where there should be a restaurant. But be sure to read other reviews, and check whether they are in an "up" or "down" phase!

1  Thank M G

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Spinnakers restaurant is located at Point Lookout Marina. We have gone to Spinnakers on several occasions and have enjoyed our visits. We go there often with family members on Sunday morning for their brunch, which is a breakfast style brunch buffet that includes scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, sausage gravy and sometimes creamed chip beef, biscuits, fruit salad, and pastries. It’s a good deal for $10 and also includes coffee. We went there today (a Wednesday) for lunch and enjoyed our meal. My wife had the fish of day basket and I had the fish sandwich. The fish of the day was rockfish and you could have it blackened, broiled, or fried. The basket came with french-fries and the sandwich came with homemade chips. Both were very good and reasonably priced ($11 for the basket and $9 for the sandwich). Service at the brunch, which is self serve except for beverages, can be a bit slow at times and the food trays are sometimes empty for longer than expected, but the staff is always friendly, and our server at our lunch today was very efficient and nice. Forgot to get her name but she is a sophomore in college from Bucks Co., PA and made a good recommendation for a draught beer. I was hoping they had Yuengling on draft. They didn’t but when I asked her about one they did have on draft, Fat Tire, she said it reminded her a little of Yuengling. I tried it and liked it. It reminded me also of Yuengling although I’m sure beer connoisseurs might disagree. Another positive comment I would make about Spinnakers is that you have nice views of Smith Creek and the marina and, if you’re inclined, you can walk around the marina after your meal and enjoy the scenery. There are two restaurants in Ridge worth going to, Spinnakers and Courtney’s and I have been to both and enjoy them. They each have good seafood and Courtney’s is open all year while Spinnakers closes for several months in winter. Each has its merits but for overall service and value, Spinnakers is, in my view, a better choice.

1  Thank lusby
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food was okay but the service was great! The entertain was an added bonus. I cannot say enough about how accommodating the staff was.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The serivce was very good. Seafood was good -not great. We enjoyed our meal. May or may not return. There are a number of other seafood resturants in the area.

Been to Spinnakers Restaurant? Share your experiences!