“Atmosphere nice, food not so nice.”

The Grill At Harryman House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill At Harryman House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Reisterstown
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At The Grill at Harryman House, our menu is developed around seasonal ingredients and as many local and organic ones that we can find. Dishes originate from a fusion of American and international influences, presented in a simple and accessible style. We call this "New Urban Cuisine," reflecting the modern sensibilities of supporting sustainable farming, enjoying sophisticated and excellent food, and gathering in a beautiful but casual atmosphere. The Grill at Harryman House is a neighborhood restaurant. We pride ourselves on friendly and attentive service, and look forward to welcoming you for lunch, Sunday brunch, dinner, or a cocktail sometime soon.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband took me to the Harryman House for dinner to celebrate my birthday. We ordered the baked oysters which came to us barely warm. We did return them to be reheated. When the second order came, they were slightly warmer.....didn't bother to send them back again. Also, just so you know the oysters were the size of a thumb nail and smothered in cheese. They should be ashamed to charge the price ($12) they do for three microscopic oysters and cheese.....can you even call that an appetizer? I ordered the New York strip ($26) for my entree as did my son. The chimicchurri sauce gave the steak and potatoes a sour taste. The Seasonal Grill Salad ($11) had good ingredients but the dressing was bland. My husband ordered the fish and chips which was one of the specials that evening. It was fair...not bad...not great. I will say that our server, Lori, was very nice and attentive. When all is said and done, we paid our $160.00 bill and left feeling as if we really did not receive our money's worth.

1  Thank Regina D

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful place to take friends, family or business associates. Wonderful old building which has been renovated and updated over the years. Excellent food, though the service can be spotty at times depending on who is working the lunch crowd. They always have a nice quiche special and wonderful seasonal soup selections. Very nice wine selection and the deserts are worth a trip to the gym to burn off the calories.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just came back from a fabulous lunch at Harryman House. We invited our client to select a place she enjoyed and she chose Harryman House. Their crab quiche (the quiche of the day) was unlike any quiche I have ever had. I can't believe I could rave about a quiche but it was just that good. For lunch -- you receive two wedges (not one) along with your choice of a small salad.

The dessert was just as special -- a wonderful warm apple tart that was "baked" in their brick oven.

Can't say enough about our meal. And the atmosphere was lovely as well.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The weather was nasty this past Saturday so we changed our plans with friends and decided to eat out locally. We chose the Harryman House Restaurant. It's located in an old cabin that had been lovingly renovated and expanded through the years. Once a much fancier restaurant, it has changed it's theme and feel to be more family friendly and casual, though maintaining its high quality and variety of food.

There is a wonderful bar if you want to hang out, watch the game, have a couple of drinks and access to the regular menu. Of course, there is the wonderful restaurant that offers everything from burgers and pizza to some wonderfully prepared meats and fresh fish - all creatively prepared. Surprisingly, they also have a very extensive wine list and a staff that can expertly advise you and pairings with your meal.

I guess because it's so close to home it's not top of mind for an evening out, but we've made a note to remember to visit more often - great value close to home if you live in the north Baltimore suburbs.

1  Thank NMM1
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This restaurant is so easy, it is easy to take it for granted. Harryman House is a great restaurant with delicious food, a great wine list, engaging waitstaff and an excellent bar. This restaurant is equally comfortable for a dressed up occasion or a Sunday brunch alone with a book. Go, enjoy! I will again soon!