“Small wings, overpriced, full rack of ribs ?”

Bill Bateman's Bistro
Ranked #33 of 49 Restaurants in Reisterstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We provide American Cuisine for our large dining room and two private rooms as well as large bar with 30 draft lines. We have all your sporting and comfort needs with excellent service.
Elkridge,MD
“Small wings, overpriced, full rack of ribs ?”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This Sunday dinner cost me over $50 for small wings, small ribs, fries, one draft beer. Outback is a better value, and the ribs are sure better. This chain used to have great wings, but the quality sure seemed to have slipped.

If you must go, go on a night when they have specials like all you can eat wings- it wont matter how small they are.

• Visited August 2013

The Villages, Florida
“Great place in Reisterstown, Maryland. What a great neighborood place.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Liked sitting at the bar. Since we have moved, but have revisited. Can't say the restaurant part is as good.

Visited June 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Won't go back”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We experienced the same issues that other reviewers mentioned. We were seated, then waited about 10 minutes to be waited on. We told the waitress that we were ready to order when she came to get our drink orders. She said she would be right back to get our orders. We got our drinks 10 minutes later. We placed our orders, and 15 minutes or so later were told that what we ordered was not available. I settled for the ribs, which are usually good at Bateman's. They left a lot to be desired. I asked for more BBQ sauce, and the waitress said "Oh, I should warn you, it's 50 cents extra for more sauce. I like to tell people because some people get upset when they get the bill and see the extra charge. " My husband had seafood. It was over fried. The manager and waitress were nice, we got a free desert, but won't be going back again. I will also add that the bathrooms were really messy. Paper towels on the floor, several dirty toilets, no soap. (Which always worries me.....how do the cooks wash their hands effectively if there is no soap and only luke warm water?)

• Visited April 2013
“A for effort but a long ways to go”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The server and manager were so nice and went out of their way to make up for the restaurant's shortcomings that I do have hope for the future for this establishment. That being said, where do I start? 15 minutes after we ordered we were told that they were out of what my friend ordered. (We were the only diners there.) When our meals finally arrived my rockfish was completely bland and had a synthetic taste. I love rockfish and this is the only time in my life the rockfish has not been good. I sent it back and reordered only to be told that they were out of what I wanted to eat. I then chose a salmon BLT and it was delicious. Fortunately my friend and I were not in a hurry. If we had been it really would have been a disaster. Nevertheless I'm going to try it again at some point because the waitress and manager were so doggone nice that I actually felt sorry for them!

Reisterstown, Maryland
“Not good”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First two time we ate there was tolerable. Last time the food the service and the cleanliness were unacceptable.

Visited January 2013