“Not many options if you have a pooch...”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Princess Anne
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On our way down south for vacation, and needed a place to stay for the evening. The price was reasonable, they accepted animals, and we found very few online who did. The hotel was clean... and has a pretty worn feel to it. The beds were pretty bad. Kinda wish I'd driven straight through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sreptile

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We called a few weeks before our arrangements on our way to Obx. We had very
clean rooms, felt rather safe, though the only negative i had were the amount of single men staying in more permanent accomadations towards the back of the hotel. I had two teen daughters with me and they threw a red warning flag in my mind. But lobby breakfast area was nice and pool area was getting ready for the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank dianlmar
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August of 2012, the floor was moldy, cracks in the walls and floor, cockroaches in the bathroom. I didn't even want to take a shower, it was so gross. breakfast, stale powdered donuts was all it had. pool was green and had ALGAE growing in it. Worst of all, our family developed a case of head lice shortly after staying at this roach motel. This was the only place to stay, we would NOT have chosen to stay here otherwise. The screen on the window was torn, an overall creepy place. Never again. We paid $100+ dollars to stay at this dump!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The first room we were given, water was seeping up through ALL of the floor tiles when you stepped on them, so I refused the room. The next room I was given looked like the beds had been made by a six year-old and there were little black specks and hair on the sheets. We went back to the front desk and demanded a refund and went down the road to a Holiday Inn Express. Do NOT STAY HERE, EVER!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dell65
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel while traveling through Maryland on my way to North Carolina. We originally were planning to drive straight through but my husband was getting tired. We stopped in and were greeted by very friendly staff. She even allowed us to go look at the room when I shared with her that I have a terrible time with allergies and any sent of smoke sets them off. The room was clean and fresh. It was early enough in the evening that we were able to take a dip in the pool. The close quiet community atmosphere was quite welcoming. Before leaving out at 7 am we evening had the opportunity to grab some breakfast from the hotel lobby before getting back on the road. Thanks again for making out pit stop a very pleasant one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paulette D
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place was horrible. Please do NOT stay here. The room was so gross I couldn't put my toddler down on the carpet. The window wouldn't latch and the water was a rusty brown. It was so dirty. I told the manager and he said that he could move me to another room, NO thanks! I asked for a refund and they said no because I had been in the room for over an hour. I was taking pictures of how disgusting the place was so others could be warned! Please drive an additional 15 minutes to a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DarwinsGarden
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Econo lodge was ok for the one night we stayed... The beds was very uncomfortable, however hotel did provided new towels. The manager was very nice and easy to work with..... Cleanliness..... Mmmmmmmm not what I'm use to...

• Stayed: October 2012
The Henson
The Henson
#4 of 4 in Princess Anne
Alexander House Booklovers Bed and Breakfast

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!